More On Maintenance Fees

ithomson

More On Maintenance Fees
« on: September 23, 2006, 15:03:12 »
We are owners at the RCC, on our last visit we had some discussions with other members and Fly/Buy couples at the resort. One topic of discussion was how much do you pay for your Maintenance Fees? It appears that the answer depends on how much they think you can afford. We got the following list of Maintenance fee amounts:

Owners:
British Couple 1 £378/week or €560/week 2 bed
British Couple 2 £400/week or €594/week 2 bed
British Couple 3 £435/week or €646/week 2 bed

E Europe Couple 1             €500/week 2 bed
E Europe Couple 2             €550/week 2 bed

Fly/Buy Offers:
E Europe Couple               €300/week 2 bed
E Europe Couple               €185 - €300/week Cheapest - most expensive

We did check that everyone was paying for 2 bed apartments so that the amounts were comparable. We suspected that Eastern European Couples might be paying less and the information obtained by speaking to owners seems to confirm this.

The amounts quoted to Fly/Buy couples is  suspect as the sales reps are not likely to tell prospective buyers the actual price they will pay.

It seems almost criminal that the resort does not have a visible policy of charging its owners a reasonable maintenance fee that is transparent and fair to all members.

ithomson

More On Maintenance Fees
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 16:07:41 »
Just to let you see the progression of maintenance fees at The Regency Country Club (RCC)

Year 1 £319/week = €474
Year 2 £391/week = €581 = 22.6% increase
Year 3 £416/week = €618 =  6.4% increase
Year 4 £435/week = €646 =  4.5% increase

At least it appears that the rate of increase is going down.

Offline jasonclements

More On Maintenance Fees
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 12:05:49 »
One good thing to note from these figures is that the yearly increases are decreasing!!!

Be interesting to see what will happen when the latest round of maintenance comes out at the end of the year.

We are still paying far too much for a new resort.  During my recent visit to Anfi with my parents I was discussing maintenance fees and they still pay less than me for their weeks, and Anfi is a great place to stay, despite whatever management issues they have.

Part of me wishes I had purchased at Anfi instead of at the regency when i had the opportunity.

oh well

jason