Quinta do Lago, Portugal

neil1702

Quinta do Lago, Portugal
« on: November 17, 2006, 15:49:13 »
I'm off to Four Seasons Fairways soon on this resort and I was just wondering if anyone had any advice/recommendations about the area.

Cheers,

Neil

Mavo

Quinta do Lago, Portugal
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 17:56:34 »
quote:
Originally posted by neil1702

I'm off to Four Seasons Fairways soon on this resort and I was just wondering if anyone had any advice/recommendations about the area.

Cheers,

Neil

Hi Neil
 There is a bit of info in resort reports.
http://www.timesharetalk.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1629
 Although the resort reported on is Villa do Golf it is very much in the same place, all but a few hundred yards, so the comments on the surrounding area are valid. Although it is not far from the airport you really do need a car if you wish to visit any of the many quality restaurants around the area.

neiltilley

Quinta do Lago, Portugal
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 18:26:58 »
fairways there is very nice... vilar do golf has a great restaurant although pricey by my standards bobby ?? forgot the name but during the day it overlooks the 18th i think it was and it was a great way to while away the hours with a spritzer, evening 3 curse set me back about 40 quid each and was a merry old soul from the vino,a short walk takes you to a couple of practise ranges with tea shop restaurants they are ok. FAIRWAYS, from outside the gates, security and fountain is quite imposing... the quality of the golfing areas and grass and some tees overlook the lagoon,, seaviews and the general views you get on a walk are rather romantic- it makes me wonder why so many guys gather together and leave the wife at home for the beauty of the golf courses... vale do lobo beachfront is a must, again the scenery and great choice in restaurants... this year i intend to use my special ii certificate for a late booked getaway to fairways or vilar do golf or barringtons or any that area- fab and a car is really a must... i wont wish you a great time as you wont have a choice but to enjoy it....