RPA = Petchey Leisure

Offline jasonclements

RPA = Petchey Leisure
« on: November 23, 2006, 11:01:49 »
Hi All,

Any Albatros owners had the letter from Petchey Leisure telling us that we are now members of their family of resorts?

I don't see much about Petchey on timesharetalk, but have not checked elsewhere yet, anyone have any opinions on what this might mean for Albatros owners.

Petchey Leisure do seem to be a big company with quite a few resorts, a travel outlet, and pubs.

Interesting, didnt know anything about this, but then why would we.

Comments?

Jason

pinkkipper

RPA = Petchey Leisure
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 12:10:57 »
Petchy bought out RMI about 2 years ago - I'm still neutral on it, most of the resorts that you see are ex RMI rather than Petchy who seemed to sink all of its money into the CPO resort(s).

Offline splot

RPA = Petchey Leisure
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 14:58:21 »
Hi

Yes just had same letter - not surprised that the resort has been sold on.  Main concern is the probable rise in maintenance fees, and what happened to the balance of the extra fees paid over past couple of years.

I suppose these are natural concerns and I look forward to the next few months with interest!

Splot

Mollie

RPA = Petchey Leisure
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2006, 17:12:37 »
Hello Jason,
     Yes we have also received this letter and was wondering about the changes.  Up to now we have been able to tranfer our weeks to the Regency but I suppose this will no longer apply.  Will it still be in the RCI?

Offline Boss Man

• The Boss Man
  • Global Moderator
RPA = Petchey Leisure
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2006, 20:27:31 »
quote:
and pubs

Please do tell on this as I never knew they had anything to do with pubs ....

Offline splot

RPA = Petchey Leisure
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2006, 20:43:15 »
Yeah I noticed that too on their website about pubs!  Hopefully the catering and refreshments should be good!!

It does seem on the face of it that they are community minded - have a fund to help under 25s, and the range of services from travel agency to pubs to timeshare does seem okay.

I'm alsways a little wary of people saying they are members of OTE - no particular reason but really what does the OTE do for us owners.  I'm not sure, but then I've never really found out that much.  Does anyone have some views?

Currently I've got the following questions:

When I was on resort in August the rep did say that the resort was going to have a major refurb of the units - will this now take place?

Will we finally get an owners committee that reports things to the owners?

What have they purchased?  The resort had owners from Russia, Israel, Sweden and UK etc - have they purchased just the UK inventory or the whole resort?

Perhaps I'm getting a bid paranoid, but I was an owner when CLC brought Paradise Club and Monterey out of the blue a few years ago under similar circumstances.  Then the costs went up dramatically and owners were / still are being actively encouraged to buy new products.

Splot

Offline jasonclements

RPA = Petchey Leisure
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2006, 10:57:45 »
Well under the petchey umbrella group of companies is the pub business.

http://www.petcheypubs.com/ [nofollow]

I too would have some concerns with regard to things like maintenance fees, we all remember a year or so ago when we paid out double bubble on maintenance, what happened to that money, or was that just a quick buck for the owner's before they handed the resort over to a new buyer!!

But as Splot says the petchey group seem okay on the face of it, only time will tell whether they live up to the glossy look of their web site.

Jason

pinkkipper

RPA = Petchey Leisure
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2006, 12:18:18 »
quote:
Originally posted by Mollie

Hello Jason,
     Yes we have also received this letter and was wondering about the changes.  Up to now we have been able to tranfer our weeks to the Regency but I suppose this will no longer apply.  Will it still be in the RCI?

RMI was with RCI and we are still using RCI

pinkkipper

RPA = Petchey Leisure
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2006, 12:23:54 »
"Crimeshare" has a thread on Petchy (I refrain from expressing a view on that site) reporting increases in fees etc.

the Petchy leisure magazine is here http://www.clubinfiniti.com/pdfs/Pleisure_magazine.pdf

Offline splot

RPA = Petchey Leisure
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2006, 13:15:14 »
Hi everyone

I recently emailed Customer Services and asked them for some answers to some questions that came to mind once the sale had been completed.  I got an answer today from them (shown below) which doesn't really help but does say that we should be getting an information letter soon.

I've also included contact details for Vicky as she is our contact for Albatros.

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

I am an owner at Royal Park Albatros Club in Tenerife and was surprised to have received your recent letter advising me that you had purchased the resort.

I'm sure that you will recognise that as an owner I am interested in
the future of the resort and hope that your purchase will have a positive impact.  I do however have several questions to which I would be grateful to have your comments on.

1. Will I be charged a weekly charge for electricity and water etc and if so how much?

2. Will an owners committee be set up and if so how will this be
coordinated and set up?

3. Do you own the entire complex, and also the timeshares owned by
other nationalities or is it just the British contingent?

4. How much will the maintenance fee be for 2007?

5. What are your plans for the refurbishment of the resort promised by the previous owner as part of the justification for the extraordinary fee charged last year?

6. What are your plans for the future of the resort - are you looking
to redevelop the site as discussed on other sites concerning your other site?

Please note, nothing changes but the Management company. Soon you  will receive an information letter. For more details about our company please see our website www.petcheyleisure.com [nofollow]

Kind regards,

Vicky Núñez
For and on behalf ot
Customer Services Dpt. Petchey Leisure
Vacation Management Holdings S.L
Centro Comercial Dona Pepa 9
Urb. La reserva de Marbella
29604 Marbella-Malaga-Spain
Tel.: +34 95 285 05 11
Fax: + 34 95 285 0475

longreach

RPA = Petchey Leisure
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2006, 13:33:19 »
We have just returned from the Albatros.  We are informed by the Infinity (Petchy) sales rep that we all need to transfer onto Infiniti points to qualify for our rooms to be upgraded to Infiniti standards (large plasma tv screens, wooden floor, new marble worksurfaces etc etc).
We were told that by not changing to "points" we were, in effect, diluting our RCI trading position as most of their (RCI)exchanges were operating within the points system and that straight forward depositing of properties/time was being replaced. (incredible isn't it)

We asked him (the rep)"If we don't change over to Infiniti points, will our room not get upgraded?"  He intimated that it would just recieve the minimum of maintenance.  When asked about if the majority of "owners" of a unit agreed to a points buy,(ie 49 of the 50 owners agree to points) would the unit be "upgraded" he couldn't answer.

He did say that the Resaurant was to be gutted and re-furbished (they were on with this during our stay) and the exterior was to be given a facelift.

We asked about the extraordinary maintenance payment and where it had been spent as as far as we could see there had been nothing significantly repaired or maintained since our last visit.  In fact some of the areas such as the pool and bar had significantly deteriorated.  He just gave a shrug of his shoulders and said he was aware of the extra payment request, as he was around at the time,  but had no idea where the money had gone.  He gave me the impression that he knew a lot more but wouldn't elaborate.

When asked about the "Owners group" he replied that there never was one, it was a sales ploy and said you were offered invitations to attend meetings and get invited to free weeks for the AGMs etc weren't you?  Yes we said.  He just smiled and said yes he had heared that the sales team had done this.

We asked him about the maintenance charges for the coming year if we didn't succumb to buying into Infiniti points.  He said they are to rise to £350 for a one bedroom for one week (yes, I spluttered too).

Infiniti are asking for £5k plus for membership which will give you, including the input of your unit, enough points to potentially seven weeks holiday per year but the maintenance fee is £400 plus.

So there you have it.

ps, anyone want to buy a timeshare, prime location on the Golf?

RPA = Petchey Leisure
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2007, 18:40:26 »
If thats the case then I'll be selling on as well.

Anyone interested?

Offline Doggy50k

• Senior Moderator & Quiz Master
RPA = Petchey Leisure
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2007, 18:54:47 »
quote:
Originally posted by longreach

We asked him (the rep)"If we don't change over to Infiniti points, will our room not get upgraded?"  He intimated that it would just recieve the minimum of maintenance.  When asked about if the majority of "owners" of a unit agreed to a points buy,(ie 49 of the 50 owners agree to points) would the unit be "upgraded" he couldn't answer.

When asked about the "Owners group" he replied that there never was one, it was a sales ploy and said you were offered invitations to attend meetings and get invited to free weeks for the AGMs etc weren't you?  Yes we said.  He just smiled and said yes he had heared that the sales team had done this.

We asked him about the maintenance charges for the coming year if we didn't succumb to buying into Infiniti points.  He said they are to rise to £350 for a one bedroom for one week (yes, I spluttered too).

Infiniti are asking for £5k plus for membership which will give you, including the input of your unit, enough points to potentially seven weeks holiday per year but the maintenance fee is £400 plus.

Sadly these are the typical bully boy tactics that reps use across the industry.  No doubt he was trying to get you to sign up with him?

In these sort of circumstances, I would ask him for something in writing - you'll never get it, but it makes them squirm a bit.

I suspect that Sunterra Owners have this sort of thing to look forward to...[:(]
"You know; the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."

Offline jasonclements

RPA = Petchey Leisure
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2007, 10:15:00 »
I just got my second letter from Petchey Leisure.

This one informs me that the Albatros has had it's gold crown status revoked by RCI, and that Petchey are now putting in place measures necessary to rectify the situation.

Oh dear.

Jason

Offline splot

RPA = Petchey Leisure
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2007, 11:32:29 »
Yeah just had the same letter.  I've checked with RCI and confirmed that the resort is now Silver Crown (previously RID).

Basically I'm not surprised as the resort is a bit tired, but I'm sure that will encourage the new owners to raise more money from us to bring it up to spec again ( and blame the previous owners for lack of investment etc)  

Call me cynical but this was the exact process that CLC went through when they purchased the Paradise Club and Monterey three years ago.  I can't wait for the maintenance fee invoice!

Welcome to the wonderful world of timehare ownership!!

Splot

longreach

RPA = Petchey Leisure
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2007, 09:18:31 »
As I said in a previous post, I was told it would rise to £350 for a one bed, on week.

What I want to know is where the maintenance money went, wasn't it stipulated in the contract that the money was to be used to maintain the propery to Gold Crown Standards.

I ask again Explotacion Hotelera........
WHERE IS THE MONEY?

longreach

RPA = Petchey Leisure
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2007, 11:01:54 »
I have just sent this to Explotacion Hotelera

Dear Sirs

Reference:-  Royal Park Albatross,

In reference to your Sale of the above complex to Petchey Leisure and subsequent removal of the Gold Crown Status by RCI due to poor maintenance whilst the complex was in your ownership.  As a concerned owner within this complex, We require you to furnish us with the following information:-

Who are the committee their names and contact addresses?
 Who elected them?
 We  pay into a contingency fund via Maintenance yearly fee, what has happened to it? (see below)*

*All members are liable to pay a management fee in relation to the type of apartment and numbers of weeks they hold.
This will ensure the first class standards will be maintained at all times at the club.

Payment is made towards:-
1. Upkeep of Swimming Pool
2. Landscape Gardening, etc.
3. Maid Service
4. 24 Hour Security
5. Contingency and Replacement Fund
6. General Repairs and Redecoration
7. Replacement of Fixtures and Fittings

8. Sewerage
9. Taxes (Local, Government, etc.)
10.Insurance.

The committee determines how this money is spent and is accountable to the membership.
Why have we, as “owners”, never had any contact from the “committee” ?
When is the next AGM, and will anybody get invited; or is it held in secret?
Why do we not get any minutes or communications from previous AGMs?
Why, as the responsible owners of the complex have you allowed the complex to fall into such a state of disrepair, thereby devaluing the "owners" status not only within the RCI exchange program, but in standards of repair and maintenance within the complex?

As we originally bought into a complex that boasted Gold Crown Resort status we now feel we should seek recompense for what could be construed as corporate incompetence by yourself, for allowing our investment to devalue contrary to points 1. 5. 6. 7. of the charter indicated above.

We look forwards to reading your reply with interest.

Regards

Do you think they'll answer?  Past performance dictates they won't.

Offline jasonclements

RPA = Petchey Leisure
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2007, 11:48:32 »
Nice letter, but I would be more than amazed if they responded to that.

I did send an email yesterday to customer services at PetcheyLeisure asking them about their plans for the resort, and advising them that it would be a good idea to form an owner's committee to provide them with valuable input on how best to provide improved facilities to the owners.

I await their reply also.  I bet though I get a reply from them before you get a reply from Explotation Hotelera.

And I always maintained that company had a really good name for a timeshare ownership company

jason

longreach

RPA = Petchey Leisure
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2007, 12:05:34 »
I also wrote to Petchey before Christmas, but never recieved a reply.

I also enclosed a copy of said letter to Huthensons......for what good it did.

Offline splot

RPA = Petchey Leisure
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2007, 13:57:13 »
Hi Longreach and Jason

I'm not sure if you have read my earlier post in November raising a few similar issues to you in regard to the change of management company.  Whilst I did not get a reply to all of the questions it may be useful to contact Vicky at Petchey Leisure using the contact details above as she was quite fast at responding and also used to work for EX Hotelia before the transfer.

I look forward to hearing what reply - if any - you get!

Splot