Groups offering home group advantage?

Started by heather, February 20, 2007, 13:46:45

Previous topic - Next topic

heather

I own at a resort that offers Home Group advantage when using my points account. I love it because there are several hard to get resorts within the group and I can grab them before the inventory is offered to the general membership, at which time there is rarely anything left. (having been picked over by owners and home group members) I don't mean points based ownerships like Hilton, Wyndham, etc. but groups like the Berkley group, to which I belong who have no point system other than RCI.

If I purchase more points, I would like to purchase in another "group" to obtain the advantages stated above. Do you know of any that have resorts in North America?

heather

pinkkipper

Heather - "Elkhorn Resorts" uses the term home group in its pages but I dont know if this offers any booking advantage

pinkkipper

Also "Point to point" does the same, I think its based in vancouver close to the rosedale

heather

I remember seeing Point to Point in Vancouver down the street from the Rosedale. Also, the Rosedale was in a group too , now that I think of it, but one restricted to the west coast of Canada if my memory serves me right. Thanks Pinkkipper, I will pursue this and your other leads. I think though that the ones you mention are too regionally based for what I want but worth investigating.