Time share taken back

Time share taken back
« on: February 22, 2007, 19:46:40 »
I have a timeshare on Clowence estate have just been informed today by Clubseason holidays that my timeshare ownership has been terminated because of non payment of levee fees and maintance fees which I paid in full and was told their is nothing I can do about it but at as it is legal and all above board according to a parliment act in 1992.

But prior to this on Monday I was told by post that I had won a timeshare with clubseasons and a free week in Portugal but had to pay them £225.00 maintance fees up front to be eligible for the prize this is one big scam has this happened to anyone else

Offline Doggy50k

• Senior Moderator & Quiz Master
Time share taken back
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 20:12:38 »
Do you have reciepts for your payments to them?

Do the Bank have records of them?

Sounds like you have grounds to take them to Court (if the correspondence is legitimate).

There is another thread or two about them:

http://www.timesharetalk.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3873
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 20:30:33 by Doggy50k »
"You know; the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."

neil1702

Time share taken back
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 12:20:03 »
The Clubseasons and Clowance should be unrelated.
I'm guessing that Seasons have now got your address through their takeover of Clowance and are now trying to tempt into joining Seasons.
I can see no way that they can cancel your Clowance ownership unless you haven't paid your maintenance. Hopefully that's just an admin cock-up as you say that has been paid.
Hope you get it sorted

Time share taken back
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 15:04:13 »
Seasons are a bunch of cowboys. They have been around for ages and seem to get away with murder. They have a terrible reputation in the industry for unreliability, non or very late payment of invoices and bad customer focus. Not a good company to deal with at all.

Here are some successful actions against them, mostly for making false marketing claims in respect of the free holidays so they have a reputation for this type of scam.

http://www.cornwall.gov.uk/index.cfm?articleid=11940

http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/shropshire/seasons.htm

From an industry point of view (only) the fact that they have had to resort to giving their product away is rather amusing and is typical of a Leslie McCann scam. This has his name written all over it.

You should at least bring this to the attention of the OFT. They certainly are fully aware of Seasons Holidays and any evidence helps if they ever need to bring an action against them.

quote:
Originally posted by neil1702

The Clubseasons and Clowance should be unrelated.
I'm guessing that Seasons have now got your address through their takeover of Clowance and are now trying to tempt into joining Seasons.
I can see no way that they can cancel your Clowance ownership unless you haven't paid your maintenance. Hopefully that's just an admin cock-up as you say that has been paid.
Hope you get it sorted

neil1702

Time share taken back
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 21:52:25 »
Frank,
Those cases are interesting, even if they are 7 or 8 years old.
To be fair loads of the companies do these promotions, I got stung by Worldwide Vacations and am now very wary of anything to do with Thurnham Hall (sorry Sunterra members)
I think the free ownership is ok for some people but as with all these things you do have to look at the small print