Right to use?

davisi

Right to use?
« on: February 22, 2007, 22:43:15 »
I've been reading through some of topics in 'General discussions' and come across some interesting stuff about types of timeshare. On one there was mention of 3 types: 'fee simple (or deeded property)', 'leasehold' and 'right to use'. Since the opinion seemed to be that fee simple is the best I wondered what we have at the RCC. So I checked through the constitution and item 3 titled 'Objects' reads:

"The Club shall be a non-profit making Club whose object is to secure ofr its members the use of holiday accommodation which the Regency Vacation Club has the rights of use and occupancy of."

Rights of use clearly stated. Does this mean we have type 3?

Should have read all of this before of course but hey ho!

tonyg

Right to use?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 02:46:32 »
It sounds like it, but most also have an ending date. Perhaps they have that either in either specific or general terms somewhere else in the Club membership papers.

davisi

Right to use?
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 21:38:14 »
Yeah I noticed that the Regency Vacation Club ends in 2078, unless voted to carry on for another 80 years by the members. Any idea whether we lose our membership certificates then and have to pay again? - when I say we of course I mean our grandchildren!