RCI Online Booking Problem

Started by , February 26, 2007, 00:40:07

Previous topic - Next topic

I have been a RCI points member fora few years now, and even though there are small problems here and there, overall I am happy with the RCI point system.  I especially enjoy the instant exchange feature in which I can book a RCI week vacation for 9000 points if it is booked within 45 days of travel.  However, since about 2 months ago, I found that almost all of the resorts within the Pacific Coastal can no longer be booked online as instant exchange for 9000 points.  There are a few times that I found some available weeks that I would like to go, but cann't book.  By the time I call RCI next morning when they open, those weeks were gone.  It is very frustrating.  Has anyone experience the same?  Everytime I complaint to RCI when this happen, the RCI guide would just give me an excuse, but never document the problem.  Will RCI ever correct this problem?

Jackiee

Possibly someone else who is a member of RCI North America can answer your question.  However, as far as we are concerned in Europe, we don't get such offers, at least not to my knowledge.  You do seem to get a better deal, and cheaper most of the time, than we do in the UK and Europe.
Jackie

I didn't know that UK ad Europe don't have this.  So do you have any advantages as a RCI points member?

Mavo

quote:
Originally posted by Jackiee

Possibly someone else who is a member of RCI North America can answer your question.  However, as far as we are concerned in Europe, we don't get such offers, at least not to my knowledge.  You do seem to get a better deal, and cheaper most of the time, than we do in the UK and Europe.

What about Heather? Perhaps she can provide some info.

heather

quote:
Originally posted by Mavo

quote:
Originally posted by Jackiee

What about Heather? Perhaps she can provide some info.

I haven't had a similar problem. As a matter of fact I recently booked at a choice property in South Carolina using this program. It was a steal in that it cost me 9000 points + the weeks exchange fee. But I've learned that you have to call exactly at 7 AM when they open. That would be 4 AM for you if you live on the pacific coast. I've always wondered if you people lose out because of the time difference. Could this be part of the problem in that people are grabbing the good weeks while you are still asleep? But then again you say that this is a recent change. All this to say that I really don't know.

Suebe

quote:
Originally posted by lifeispain

I didn't know that UK ad Europe don't have this.  So do you have any advantages as a RCI points member?

UK and Europe points system developed along slightly different lines to the USA system.  We call them late availability holidays - we get 50% off the points total if booking within 2 weeks of start date, then 25% if booking within 2-4 weeks, etc.  It still doesn't give as good a deal as 9000 points!!!

We have also had problems recently in booking RCI Weeks exchanges online - we were not able to search on line (although has been re-instated) and had to phone up the RCI guides to see what was available.  This was because of a reduction in exchange fees for these Weeks exchanges and probably not related to any problems you had.

Sue B
[8D]
Sue B