extra nights

Gordon Dickson

extra nights
« on: March 04, 2007, 11:56:29 »
Hi I am travelling out to Tenerife in August a day early the 16th so I looked for 1 nights acc in a resort near to the Regency looking through www.alpharooms.com found the Regency Country Club advertised @£163.00 for b&b and £205.00 for half board makes me wonder if I should rent out my 2 weeks and book somewhere else?[8D]

Jeff

extra nights
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 12:08:24 »
Why not ring the resort direct and ask them if they have a room for the night?

Gordon Dickson

extra nights
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 12:58:04 »
I will try nearer the time Regency will probably not know who is going to use there weeks yet,but your right it's worth a phone call[:)]

RRG

extra nights
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 13:10:30 »
Or you can simply go to http://www.regencyresortsgroup.com/en/rates.html, and check it up yourself, what is available at that exact moment and what is the price... :)
regards,

RRG

extra nights
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 13:12:32 »
Sorry, the correct address is this one: http://www.regencyresortsgroup.com/en/rates.html
without ",".

Gordon Dickson

extra nights
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2007, 09:29:46 »
Checked rates for a couple of nights on this site £200 can get 5* hotel all inc for £200 might just go there for a change of scenery[8D]

RRG

extra nights
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2007, 11:44:51 »
That is something you obviously have to choose...
5* hotel room, or 5* apartment... :)

Jeff

extra nights
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2007, 11:59:48 »
quote:
Originally posted by RRG

That is something you obviously have to choose...
5* hotel room, or 5* apartment... :)

The 5* apartment wouldn't be all inclusive though.

bluesox

extra nights
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2007, 12:58:40 »
Some interesting, even "alarming" comments posted about RGC under another of the stories listed under recent posts "REGENCY COUNTRY CLUB-TENERIFE) It begs total disbelief that the occupant is told to leave because they had the "nerve" to complain about the wrong type of accommodation being offered and problems with a fold-away bed. When I made a complaint about a similar mis-allocation at one of Orlando's Gold Crown resorts several years ago, not only was I given a room upgrade, I received profound apologies from the resort's general manager for the inconvenience caused to me and my family. I'm sure someone might post a totally "opposite" story based on their own experience of Florida timeshare, but in 15 years of spending hard-earned vacation time in the sunshine state, I have had perhaps just 2 occasions when a complaint has been lodged.I can't help but feel that the concept of Customer Service doesn't quite have the same credibility as it should.

RRG

extra nights
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2007, 11:35:45 »
quote:
The 5* apartment wouldn't be all inclusive though.

You are right, the price you have seen for 5* apartment includes only breakafast for all the guests(up to 4 if it´s one bedroom), and 5* room as far as I understood includes HB for 2, right?
For me look like the near the same value though... [?]

Jeff

extra nights
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2007, 12:04:38 »
quote:
Originally posted by bluesox

Some interesting, even "alarming" comments posted about RGC under another of the stories listed under recent posts "REGENCY COUNTRY CLUB-TENERIFE) It begs total disbelief that the occupant is told to leave because they had the "nerve" to complain about the wrong type of accommodation being offered and problems with a fold-away bed. When I made a complaint about a similar mis-allocation at one of Orlando's Gold Crown resorts several years ago, not only was I given a room upgrade, I received profound apologies from the resort's general manager for the inconvenience caused to me and my family. I'm sure someone might post a totally "opposite" story based on their own experience of Florida timeshare, but in 15 years of spending hard-earned vacation time in the sunshine state, I have had perhaps just 2 occasions when a complaint has been lodged.I can't help but feel that the concept of Customer Service doesn't quite have the same credibility as it should.

Funnily enough RRG seems not to have wanted to comment on this! I wonder why?

Gordon Dickson

extra nights
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2007, 15:18:10 »
i've found 2 nights all inc @ the Auguamarina 4* @ the golf for £156 for 2 of us seems ok for a change of scenery a bit better than b&b or h/b RRG[?]

RRG

extra nights
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2007, 08:53:44 »
If you are looking for better price, there are lots of options to choose from on the island... But it´s not really lots of options if you are looking for better quality... :)
With all the respect, I am not gonna consider Aguamarina Hotel as something similar to RCC, as it is good hotel, but not as RCC.