Bahia Blanca Gran Canaria

Chrissybear

« on: September 19, 2009, 10:54:00 »
Has anyone been to this resort recently? What are the standards like? Where exactly is it? Is it nearer to Puerto Mogan or Puerto Rico, e.g. comfortable walking distance or will I need a car? Many thanks.

Mavo

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 18:26:35 »
If I remember rightly it is nearer to Puerto Rico. You would need a car as it is a long way from the airport and a distance from Puerto Rico and Puerto Mogan though it is on a bus route to both towns.

Willself

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 20:31:56 »
MAVO.

Yes i'll second that, while its a few years still i've been, we stayed at Cala-Blanca!
just a short drive from Bahia Blanca, and nearer to Puerto Mogan. The drive along that
coast is worth the price of the Holiday! lol

Mavo

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009, 20:41:39 »
quote:
Originally posted by Willself

MAVO.

Yes i'll second that, while its a few years still i've been, we stayed at Cala-Blanca!
just a short drive from Bahia Blanca, and nearer to Puerto Mogan. The drive along that
coast is worth the price of the Holiday! lol

Wilself
 The drive along that coast is worth a new pair of undies mate[:D]
 Not too bad up to Puerto Rico but priceless from there to Puerto Mogan.
 My wife refused to get back into the car until we left for the airport at the end of the week.

Willself

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 16:20:44 »
MAVO.
LOL...Some people have no sense of FUN!!....hehehe!!

Offline lawnmower60

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 21:34:57 »
We had a week at Puerto Mogan a few years ago our booked taxi did not turn up so we had to get a local one.He got us to the airport in just over half an hour he did all this while arguing with his wife on the mobil and talking on the radio I wish I had not sat in the front seat never again
Brian

Willself

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2009, 11:16:42 »
Lawnmower.

LOL...Do'nt you just hate these slow drivers...lol..

Arim

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2009, 14:10:04 »
Bahia Blanca is situated in Puerto Rico next to a sea promenade that joins the old beach and Amadores beach.  You have to cross a rather busy road to get to this walkway. Puerto Mogan is some eight kilometres further from the airport. I wouldn’t take a car here just for local short trips, because parking in front of BB may be a problem. However, for shopping or night life you probably want to use a taxi. The cost is 2-3 Euros. The resort is not ideally situated though offers an ocean view.