BOOKINGS FOR MORE THAN 14 DAYS

Started by qadzbork, March 28, 2007, 20:48:33

Previous topic - Next topic

qadzbork

Today, for interest, I checked the RCI website for a 21-day trip to a Costa del Sol resort. I could have 14 days from 28 October and I could have 14 days from 4 November, but I couldn't have 21 days from 28 October!
Is this an RCI scam to make Points owners pay 2 booking fees?

heather

Hello gadzbork, I'm concerned about the same issue as I'm now trying to reserve for 4 weeks in Feb.2008 and I can only get one week. But...using home group advantage I was able to reserve three weeks in January, 2008 with only one RCI fee. So, if I was able to do it once, it should be possible again. We shall see! What we really need to do is run a test with other properties. I will do this if you will do the same. I look forward to your results.

Also, re the above reservation, I logged in at the very first minute that my start date was available and got three weeks, well before anyone who wanted to start my second or third week was able. I don't know if this makes sense to you as it's hard to explain. But this renewed my faith in RCI. I think the trick is to check availability at the very first moment that that date is available and then regularly there after. I'm finding that 14 or 21 days are hard to come by after a short period of time has elapsed from the initial opportunity.

Keitht

I wasn't aware that you could book multiple weeks and only pay a single booking fee.  How have you managed to do that?  We regularly go away for 2 weeks to the same resort, but have always had to pay 2 booking fees.

Simoncc

Keith, this is a feature of the Points system. If a points member is booking 2 weeks at resorts through the weeks system then 2 booking fees still apply.

qadzbork

Keith: I've been a points member for only just over two years but have booked fortnights three times and only had to pay the single fee each time. I must say it never occurred to me that I might be charged "per week". Utility fees at resorts, yes, but not booking fees.

Heather: I was just testing the water, I'm not looking to actually make a booking at this time, not enough points in the bank!

qadzbork

I hadn't seen simoncc's post when I replied. Certainly my fortnights have all been at Points resorts...

Keitht

Thanks for the clarification.  That would seem to be one of the few benefits to Points for me at present.  With the cost of conversion and the 11 month lead time for booking away from your home resort, or resort group, Points isn't for me currently.  Maybe once we have retired Points will be more advantageous.

qadzbork

This gets crazier! I have searched by region for 21 day availability from 28th October '07 under "Spain", "Spain-Costa del Sol" and "Spain-Malaga Area". Results were "Spain": no availability, "Costa del Sol": 19 resorts available (all in the Malaga area) and "Malaga Area": 7 resorts available.

Simoncc

More evidence of RCI's top quality IT skills!