2 nights required at Anfi 14-16 July 2007

Started by mo mo, April 04, 2007, 21:25:28

Previous topic - Next topic

mo mo

Hi There [:)]
I am going to Gran Canaria for a month in July at The Anfi Resort but am short of 2 nights in the middle and am homeless from 14-16th July.  This is just the way the cookie crumbled when i was booking through Interval International.  Does anyone have 2 nights available [8D]which we could rent??
Lots of Love Mo xx[8)]xx

Jeff

Can't you try contacting Anfi to ask them if they can help you Mo?

mo mo

Hi Jeff
I phoned them today but the resort won't know till the week before, i would feel more at ease if we had something more concrete booked before then.  Marion and me are having 2 weeks on our own, then when nick gets home from Offshore he is taking Mike out with him and we shall have 2 weeks together.
Hope all is well at home, when is your next holiday booked for??
Lots of Love Mo xx

Cotswolder

Unfortunately Anfi are not very forthcoming when it comes to renting extra nights. As they have told you it mat be possible but......... they will not know until nearer the date.

Ask Anfi is they have a couple of nights available at Balito Beach. Not the best resort but it is next door to Anfi and they have access to the accommodation.

Do you own at Anfi ? If so, are you a member of the UK Members' Group ?

It is often possible to find other group members who will be there for the period you require who might share with you for a couple of nights.

Alternatively try //www.canaryforum.com to see if you can rents a couple of nights in Puerto Rico.

Regards
My thoughts are my own. Please do not use them without my permission.

Regards,
Cotswolder

mo mo

Hi Ya [:)]
Thanks for replying so quickly, Yes we own at Gran Anfi (remember we met a couple of years ago when staying at Monte Anfi, and i was always in the internet cafe.  Do they have wireless access yet as i am bringing my laptop with me.??I am not a member of the UK Members Group, how do i go about joining??
I am afraid i don't like Peurto Rico so won't be staying there, the previous years when this has happened we have stayed at The Gran Melonoras so may do that again as we love their infinity pool.  We may also think about staying at The Aquarella just along from Anfi as we got there several times a week so are familiar with it, so i may see if i can find their phone number and see how much they would charge for a Saturday and Sunday night.

At least i have loads of options to ponder over, we are all off to Tenerifi for a week on 20th April as have been ordered to have a complete rest as BP sky high.
Jeff or Tom do you have any good taxi firms to recommend to me, as we are staying at The Pearly Grey resort which is further from the airport than we are used to[8)]

Lots of Love Mo xxx[8D]xx

Do you own at Anfi ? If so, are you a member of the UK Members' Group ?

It is often possible to find other group members who will be there for the period you require who might share with you for a couple of nights.

Cotswolder

Hi Mo,

I thought it was you.  How are you ?

To join the group just visit our website at//www.anfiuk.co.uk Click ENTER then find and click on the Membership Application Form.

As for Wireless access I believe this is now available in all the reception areas.

We will be at Anfi for 3 weeks in May so I will check out the full availability

Regards,
Cotswolder

mo mo

Thanks for offer to check out availability, if you have a chance can you check out what it would cost for 2 nights at the Aquamarine/Aquarella Hotel just behind Anfi Beach Club, we would need a twin bedded apartment or room depending on the cost. I did have a tariff here but have lost mislaid it.

I tried to join your site and pay by paypal but its refusing me. i think thats why i didnt join last time as i kept putting in my details and it kept making me do it all over again so i got fed up.  Its a real pain when that happens as i dont do cheques, as am a techno kid, modern technology etc i do everything online.

I have had awful bother with high BP and stress this past while so am meant to be avoiding any situations which may cause it to shoot up
Laughing here as your site had me growling so its likely through the roof, am open to suggestions what to do now[V]

Apart from that all is well, we have been enjoying glorious sunshine in the north east of scotland and i have been sitting out in the sun for the past couple of weeks getting ready for Tenerifi [8D]I am keeping my fingers crossed this will continue

Lots of Love Mo xxx[;)]xxx

Cotswolder

Hi Mo,

Sorry about PayPal. It is real pain sometimes. We have many people who get timeouts. We are currently looking at a new credit card system

You could just put a £10 note in an envelope and send it to the address on the form. That would be OK. Make sure you wrap it so that it can't be seen through the envelope.

I will look out the prices for next door !!!

Cheers

Regards,
Cotswolder

Mavo

Hi Mo
Sorry I cannot help re taxis on Tenerife. I just get in the queue and take pot luck. Or if there is a bus due we hop on that, get as near to the resort as possible then grab a taxi.
We should have been going to Cala de Mar tomorrow but had to cancel due to Mum in law being hospitalised with broken hip.
We have got another week planned later in May plus we will be off in the caravan whenever possible so still got things to look forward to.
Hope the BP settles down.

mo mo

Hi Tom [:)]

I have just booked a week for Nick's B/Day on 2nd June, put it like this Monte Anfi appeared and well i couldnt resist snapping it up as its a rarity for it to appear from June-Sept so you have to be quick off the mark and Nick says i will be staying out there for the whole 2 months at this rate  [;)]

Its a two bed as thats what appeared but we have decided to go on this one alone so i may actually phone the resort and ask them if there are a family there sharing a one bed they can swap them with us as it seems a shame when we dont need the extra space.

Sid told us to use the Pearly Grey transfer service from the airport so i may just do that will solve any probs of getting overcharged [8)]

Nicks on good form today and actually doing his once a year posting from Offshore, giving loads of cheek to ron and andrena; must be cause we are going to Tenerifi in 2 weeks time and are going to be meeting up with sid and val in tenerife on marions birthday (24th april) will bring back memories of Cyprus.  Were your ears burning yesterday as we were chatting about you and the assertive chair when at your banquet with the never ending pot of stew which still makes us laugh, Marion passes on her love to you and mavis [:I]

Sorry to hear your had to cancel your holiday and that your MIL is in hospital with a broken hip, i do hope she is up and about again real soon, perhaps you will be able to book the cala del mar at a later date, i have never been to that resort whats it like?

Take Care give my best wishes to Mavis
Lots of Love Mo xx[:D]xx

Mavo

quote:
Originally posted by mo mo

I have just booked a week for Nick's B/Day on 2nd June, put it like this Monte Anfi appeared and well i couldnt resist snapping it up as its a rarity for it to appear from June-Sept so you have to be quick off the mark and Nick says i will be staying out there for the whole 2 months at this rate  [;)]

Its a two bed as thats what appeared but we have decided to go on this one alone so i may actually phone the resort and ask them if there are a family there sharing a one bed they can swap them with us as it seems a shame when we dont need the extra space.

Sid told us to use the Pearly Grey transfer service from the airport so i may just do that will solve any probs of getting overcharged [8)]

Nicks on good form today and actually doing his once a year posting from Offshore, giving loads of cheek to ron and andrena; must be cause we are going to Tenerifi in 2 weeks time and are going to be meeting up with sid and val in tenerife on marions birthday (24th april) will bring back memories of Cyprus.  Were your ears burning yesterday as we were chatting about you and the assertive chair when at your banquet with the never ending pot of stew which still makes us laugh, Marion passes on her love to you and mavis [:I]

Sorry to hear your had to cancel your holiday and that your MIL is in hospital with a broken hip, i do hope she is up and about again real soon, perhaps you will be able to book the cala del mar at a later date, i have never been to that resort whats it like?

Take Care give my best wishes to Mavis
Lots of Love Mo xx[:D]xx

Hi Mo
Resort report on Cala de Mar.
http://www.timesharetalk.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2194

Unfortunately we lost the points when we had to cancel at such short notice[B)] and the points I have left are waiting to be used up for some winter sun on the Canaries [8D] So it will be next year before we go to Mallorca again, as Mallorca is not particularly good for winter sun.

So you are hoping for 2 months away eh![8D]
Sid and Terry eat your hearts out[:D]

mo mo

Sorry to hear about losing the points, won't the unsurance cover you though as Marion was saying her normal insurance pays back the value of the holiday even when it is bought using the points system, and it includes cancelling due to direct family members falling ill.  so yours may be the same and you could rent points with the cash received for a future holiday  [?]
I have had a 'wee' peek at your resort and it looks nice, i wont get 2 month away as have things to sort out with my own 'wee' hoose back in Lossie so one month shall do me nicely thanks [;)]

Keep on smiling nothing else for it
Lots of Love Mo xxx[8D]xxx

mo mo

Hi Cotswolder [8D]

Not sure if you will still be at The Anfi Resort and reading your emails but if you are, could you check if there are any members who could rent us the week from 9-16th July.  There is nothing available on either RCI or II so that seems to be my only option, I have phoned Anfi but like you said they are not very forthcoming when i asked them about renting a week

If you have time could you please perhaps put a message on the Anfi site you run, sorry I still have not got around to joining your forum due to the pesky paypal, plus i have had a real bad month with my 'wee' sister Janie falling into a coma on 1st May then dying on 15th May

Lots of Love Mo xx[:)]xx

Mavo

quote:

Hi Cotswolder [8D]

Not sure if you will still be at The Anfi Resort and reading your emails but if you are, could you check if there are any members who could rent us the week from 9-16th July.  There is nothing available on either RCI or II so that seems to be my only option, I have phoned Anfi but like you said they are not very forthcoming when i asked them about renting a week

If you have time could you please perhaps put a message on the Anfi site you run, sorry I still have not got around to joining your forum due to the pesky paypal, plus i have had a real bad month with my 'wee' sister Janie falling into a coma on 1st May then dying on 15th May

Hope you get something Mo
You have reminded me of something.
We called in to Sunset Bay last week as Mavis had left something there on our last visit in Jan.
While we were in reception there was a telephone call and the  receptionist taking the call said to another receptionist. "Are there any 2 bed apartments for next week on the emergency list?" The reply was :- "No but we can do 2 one beds"
Perhaps Anfi will have an "emergency list?"

Cotswolder

quote:

Hi Cotswolder [8D]

Hi Mo,

I got home early Tuesday morning, very tired after a delayed night flight.
I have checked through our rentals and, at the moment we do not have a week 27 there. Nearest is a week 28 Saturday 14th July.
I will ask our rentals guru to keep an eye out for one .

With regards to joining Anfi UK the PayPal system has now been altered and you should be able to get registered easily. So far we have had no further complaints since we changed the setup.

Regards,
Cotswolder

lawnmower60

MooMoo if you click on link to canaryforum in cotswolders posting they run a good taxi service in islands
Brian

mo mo

i have just read your reply thanks, i have tried to get a quote from the website but for some reason no price appears, does anyone know how much they would charge to go one way from airport to monte anfi for me and marion arriving on the 2nd july we are flying with BA and our  flight no is BA2923 [8)]
Thanks in anticipation of any help, fingers crossed we have our accommodation sorted, marion got in touch with palm oasis and they are trying to change our booking by 2 days even though its booked through Interval, which i have to say is more than anfi would do,  i am afraid they would not even take a request for where we would like our room to be located [B)] even when i went to their customer services when there last week nothing could be done.
Lots of Love Mo xx[8D]xx

lawnmower60

I did a test price on canary forum the price to monti anfi is 47 euros if you go to the bottom of there page click on go to automated transfer and a form will come up to fill in if you where going straight to Palm Oasis you can get a transfer through reception for 27 Euros
Brian

mo mo

Hi Brian [:)]
Thanks for your speedy reply thats the same price as the airport taxi to Monte for some reason i thought it may be cheaper?? Nick hired a car last week as it was only £75 for the whole week so cheaper than getting a taxi each way and we used it a lot to go and eat in our favourite restaurants which happen to be in Playa del Ingles so a car was real handy. My very favourite restaurant The Aquarella next to The Anfi Beach Club closes for the whole of June.

We are at Monte first from 2-9th then we go to Palm Oasis from Monte from 9-16th, then back to Gran Anfi from 16-23 then Monte from 23-30th, so a lot of to-ing and fro-ing never mind at least thats our sightseeing out of the way [;)]
Lots of Love Mo xx[8D]xx