Safety Deposit

RRG

Safety Deposit
« on: May 10, 2007, 12:46:43 »
Hello to everybody,

It´s look like lastly we have some kind of confusion at the point of checking in to the resort, that the safety deposit for the apartment and for opening the credit should be left.

So just to inform, that as in the majority of the holets worldwide, everybody who checks-in to the Regency Country Club has to present the valid credit card. Reception makes the photocopy of the credit card, and that is it. After that the credit for your apartment is automatically opened, and safety deposit sorted as well.
Also, I want to stress once more, that Resort doesn´t charge your card any amount at all, and doesn´t make any pre-authorisation. Only in the end of your stay, at the moment when you check out, you decide if you want to pay your expences (if you have any) credited to your apartment by cash, or credit card.

To be honest, I personaly visited some popular destinations like Florida, French Alps, NYC, etc..., and never seen any hotel that doesn´t ask for your credit card, before they´ll let you in the room.
[;)]

But never mind, just reminded it as last weeks we had some families from the UK that were geniuosly surprised about the fact they have to present the credit card on check-in... [:0]

davisi

Safety Deposit
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 12:49:25 »
I think the main problem here is presentation. Like you say, it is hardly unusual to stay at a hotel and be asked for a credit card at check in. It's just in this case people have visited a few times when a credit card has not been requested, receive no communication that this will happen on their next visit and then wonder what is happening when they arrive. Nothing wrong with the product, just manage your clients expectations a bit. Couldn't cost much to do. I know for a fact that you have my email address - you ask for it each time I'm there - so a simple email outlining these sorts of changes (plus any other resort updates) would cost a next to nothing to produce.

RRG

Safety Deposit
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 13:45:38 »
Well, I actually do agree with you, and that´s why we are trying now to inform all the clients, owners & non-owners, about the safety deposit, even though it was always since day one the resort was opened to leave a deposit.
But in any case we are working on this now, and whereever we have client´s e-mail, we sending now a Newsletter every 2-3 weeks (you can sign-up for it on the webpage), and for those one we don´t have, we will send reminder prior their arrival together with confirmation of their stay with us.

Offline jasonclements

Safety Deposit
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 20:06:27 »
Hi,

Just to confirm, if you can?

The credit your opening do you get some form of chargecard that you can use on the resort?

if so that's a great idea, they use one at many resorts we have visited, including Anfi in Gran Canaira, and it's handy not to have to carry cash within the resort to pay for lunch, drinks, etc.

Trouble is you get to the end of two weeks, get the bill, and realise how much you really did enjoy yourself.

Still that's what holidays are for I suppose.

Jason

davisi

Safety Deposit
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 12:28:41 »
Jason
I was out there in Feb and you just sign for any drinks/meals etc that you buy and settle at the end of your stay - it's great. There was no chargecard, though RRG will be able to confirm I guess whether or not one is planned.

Ian

davisi

Safety Deposit
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 12:29:55 »
RRG

Thanks for the heads up on the newsletter, I haven't received one yet so assume you don't have my email address afterall. I'll sign up on the website.

Ian

RRG

Safety Deposit
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2007, 12:36:10 »
Hi Jason,

Well, davisi is absolutely right, we don´t actually give out any special card, you just have the credit opened on your apartment number, and then the only thing you do, when using any services or buying foods etc., is give your apartment number and sign the receipt. So, you don´t have to carry with you anything at all, even resort card. Just remember your room number and that´s enough! :)

RRG

Safety Deposit
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2007, 12:41:26 »
Hi davisi,

yes, at the moment we don´t plan implementing any special spending cards for the resort, as actual system works well enough...
regarding Newsletter yes, just sign up on the web-site, and then you will be added to our mailing list, and straight away will start receiving newsletter with frequency of up to 1-2 letters a month...