RPA Misrepresentation - Villas at the RCC site?

EeeBee

« on: May 25, 2007, 14:15:30 »
Message to all Forum users:

Has anyone else been duped by the Cormoran reps over the last seven years into buying weeks at the Royal Park Albatross on the understanding that they would be an investment into fractional ownership of villas at the Regency Country Club site in Chayofa?

If so, please post your message here as I would like to hear from you...

Thanks

EeeBee

longreach

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 11:21:36 »
We were approached a couple of years ago by a rep (Sally Ann Parker) selling just that although she said she worked for RCI as a customer care officer, and not part of the RPA sales team.  We originally bought and left a £50 deposit.  When we got home we contacted RCI as we smelt a rat (or two) and asked if they had a rep working at the RPA, they obviously had never heard of her, so we cancelled the agreement and requested the return of our deposit (ha ha).

After a lengthy “no reply” I put an article about it in the old site and promptly got a menacing phone call from, shall we just say, an Irish “Gent” who said we would get our £50 back and that he would love to meet us the next time we were in the complex.

We never got the £50 of course and he obviously he had better fish to fry as we have returned on a number of occasions since and had not met with the guy.

There was also a damning article about her in "Crimeshare" too which he didn’t seem too happy about, but as was said to my Irish “friend” at the time, “if you were honest and above-board, then there would have been no problem, would there”

Offline jasonclements

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 19:37:25 »
Same story for me, same rep as Longreach, but sad to say we didnt cancel the agreement, so we still have weeks at the regency.

When we were there last year the ruse seemed to have moved onto the registry collection and the use of the phase 2 apartments for upgrades, etc.

Just got back from the RCC today and had a good week, but there are many disappointing aspects to this resort, and i will go into these over the next few weeks, bit too tired today.

But the villas were certainly a selling point for us, but i cant see how they will ever appear, if i remember correctly Sally actually mentioned that the villas would be across the road, and they are now building a hospital their.  

Jason

longreach

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 16:46:23 »
I think you'll find there isn't any planning for villas either.

Talking of villas, we bought one in January this year in Hurghada for less (in real terms) than the appartment in RPA.

Anyone want to buy a share in it [:D]

EeeBee

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 19:24:11 »
Hi Longreach & Jason,

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post.

It is very interesting and (ironically) somewhat reassuring to hear that you have similar stories and were approached by the same people as us. [;)]

We were also told last year that the villas would be built across the road even though the hospital was being erected in the same place?!? In fact, the reps stories about the villas have changed every year we visited the RPA/ RCC from year 2002 to now! Every year we were coerced into buying more and more weeks at the RPA thinking that they would be converted into investment into these villas. But still NOTHING.

Longreach - interesting to hear you say there isn't any planning for villas either - sounds like you know something we haven't been able to find?!

Jason - you sound like you were duped the very same as us.

I wonder if either of you or anyone else in the same situation would be interested in doing something about this MISREPRESENTATION?

We are certainly considering action.

Please let me know if you are and I will contact you directly.

Same goes for anyone else on the forum in this same s(t)inking boat - please get in touch...

longreach

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 17:20:41 »
Hi all,  Long time no hear.
Just wondered if any of you have heard anything regarding this fractinal ownership scam.  Would be interested to know as it was mentioned in the class action meeting last year.

Offline Sal

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 21:09:45 »
When we converted our RPA weeks across to RCC as an upgrade we were given the "fractional" approach, hence why we went for the 4 weeks.  As it is, I love my weeks and the time we spend there but still feel I was cheated/lied to along the way which leaves a bit of a sour taste.