Can't Unsub From Topic

Started by Billyboy, March 10, 2006, 23:26:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Billyboy

Greetings.

Looking for info. Thank you.

I own timeshare in 2 resorts in Tenerife.

Your resort sounds new and different.

I only buy re-sale.What percentage of the origional price does resale sell forat your resort?

Are the developers of the resort willing to buy back weeks that owners would like to get rid of? or do you have to sell them on the open market?

If you have to sell them on the open market at what percentage of the origional price do you have to sell? even after owing for only 1 year?

Regards,

Billyboy.

Billyboy

Why do I find it odd to receive no reply?

Billyboy.

jasonclements

Why do you find it odd that you receive no reply?

No idea.

For my part I unplugged myself from the internet for a day or so and rebooted myself, now im plugged back in and able to answer the question.

And the answer is.

Im not totally sure what the resale value of the resort is.  Mainly because there don't seem to be that many people currently selling at the resort as it's only just coming up to completion.

However, based on what I purchased my weeks at the resort for, and what I have seen weeks advertised for on my old website I would say your talking roughly 20-25%, excepting those people who tried to glean back what they originally paid out for the weeks.

As for whether those weeks sold i don't know, but I would think more will come up for resale as the resort gets sold out, which currently it is not.

I thanks you.

jason

Sorry jpaul is in France at moment - will reply soonest

Mrs jpaul

Billyboy

Jason,

Your honest reply is appreciated.

Just looking for information. I am considering buying 2 extra weeks timeshare, which means I will own 12 weeks in Tenerife,

Knowledge is power,

Regards,

Billyboy.

jpaul here - just back from France - I want to unload two of my three weeks - I have week 19 two bed and weeks 38/39 two beds. I am looking for £12,000 ono per week.  Very few resales so far as resort in the process of completion.  I believe two bed weeks are now selling for in the region of £25,000.  Anyone interested please contact me.

jasonclements

jpaul,

You might want to put an advert in the For Sale/Rent area of this site, just in case people are browsing just that area.

Or maybe an advert on ebay.

jason

We have been pondering what to do re selling our weeks and decided that they are too good to let go at moment - jpaul has to go away on business quite a lot at the moment but have decided - especially upon looking at resort updates - (thanks Jason etc) that I can still use resort myself and take various relatives along.  Me and my mum will be along in wk 19 so will just miss you, but we have already met some great people in the last year or so and I am looking forward to my stay.

Regards - Anne (Mrs jpaul)

Billyboy

A 2 bed is now selling for £12,000-00!

When the developer sells his 52 weeks, he has realised £1,300,000, per 2 bed apartment.

Is this a way of printing money?

Regards,

Billyboy.

Have heard from sources, and also from reading these pages - that
developers are asking iro £24/£25k per two bed week pity they don't provide info sheets
re style and costs of apartments like builders in UK do - they also have possibility of
updating us through this site but don't.  Resort still great and will make the most of it.
Regards Anne aka MAB

jasonclements

The price off the developer is always very high.

Much higher than you will be able to buy resale weeks for should they start to appear.

As for getting a resort update, well we live in hope.  I was hoping that a site would have appeared to replace mine, but so far no.

[?]

We agree - we paid a lot less than 24k when we first bought.

We were first to stay at resort and have seen it slowly develop -
sometimes very slowly - but have now decided to stick with it, it would be a shame to go now when it is just opening up, I think my mum should love it - she is not very mobile, but as reception is now open there are fewer stairs to negotiate.  Anyone eaten at site restaurant - or is that a new topic?

Regards Anne sitting in for jpaul

Billyboy

Jason,

Can I say how much I enjoyed your web site, now closed down.

I wonder will it ever be replaced?

I have my doubts,

Regards,

Billyboy.

HelenM

I had my week up for sale on your old site but have had no interest, also on a few recommended sites but still no interest, going in June and may change my mind to sell but we'll see.

I believe one sale was done between guests around the pool area - but have to be careful - we don't want the reps to get paranoid do we?  Anne(MAB)

jasonclements

Very kind of you to have appreciated the site while it was up.

I have to say I did enjoy working on it and it was extremely useful for bringing together other owners at the resort.

As for whether it gets replaced that's now in the hands of regencyresorts, Im hoping so, and I did get some assurance that there would be a site for owners available at some point.

But just in case I have retained ownership of one of the domains, so in the event that nothing appears in a reasonable amount of time I may well just pop it back in to existence.

But, in an effort to be fair, i have to give regencyresorts a bit of time to develop a site.

jason

quote:
Originally posted by Billyboy

Jason,

Can I say how much I enjoyed your web site, now closed down.

I wonder will it ever be replaced?

I have my doubts,

Regards,

Billyboy.

I want to unsubscribe from Levy Charge - Ethos/Cascadas? Anyone Else Angry topic but I keep getting a reject message. I see someone else had this problem last year & it was handled by the admin team

Help please.

Geraldine

Boss Man

Boss Man