Whitbarrow Facilities

neil1702

Whitbarrow Facilities
« on: September 24, 2007, 11:48:32 »
Does anyone know if the swimming pool is anywhere near completion yet?
I've just booked in for the first weekend in December but I don't think it's going to be finished by then.
Does anyone have any decent information?

Cheers

Neil

Offline wilsonjenny

Whitbarrow Facilities
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 12:19:05 »
We have just returned from Whitbarrow Village and can confirm that the new leisure centre is up and running.  The pool and jacuzzi looked lovely and the gym was well equipped. We did not use these facilities as we were there for the fell walking and I forgot my swimsuit.  The new complex also has the reception area (very swish), the restaurant and entertainment area.  The restaurant has special theme evenings and the night we eat there it was a Sunday, so they had what they termed as 'Sunday Roast' and nothing much else.  However, it was very good.  The entertainment area is a bit like a 'working men's club' type of area, but as it was brand new, it wasn't too bad.  Not really to our taste, but you can't please everyone.  They did, however, have a lovely outside area that looked over the countryside and if the weather is warm would make a good alternative to sitting inside. They have regular entertainment on and there is a weekly evening programme guide available at reception.  The food and drink prices were reasonable for such a captured audience.  Not sure what it would be like during school holidays though!
Jenny

neil1702

Whitbarrow Facilities
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 09:48:01 »
Sounds like we need to book another weekend up there to test it all out.