Where to stay in Cornwall, England???

Offline heather

« on: October 19, 2007, 04:18:00 »
We are planning a trip to the UK in August/September 2009 and therefore obviously have plenty of time to plan. But.....RCI today offered me a 3 bedroom unit at Trewince Manor, unit #L15. I don't know what to do as Val was not very flattering about the property in her recent review but many others seem very far away from the coast, where I would like to be and far away from my family origins in Redruth, which I would like to visit. My husband is laughing at me saying that this is England, not Canada and the distances are not huge, but still if the roads are not good, Trewince looks isolated.

Should I aim for somewhere else since I have time? If so, where?

JuliaR

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 17:33:55 »
Hi Heather
I would recommend Clowance, a Gold Crown resort about 15 minutes drive (less than 10 miles) from Redruth.  It is inland but it's about midway between north and south coasts and it doesn't take very long to get to either coastline.  I think it's a beautiful part of the country.  You can't really avoid narrow roads though!

The only snag might be limited exchange availability, not sure but Clowance are now owned by Seasons who have bought up all the spare weeks and converted some of Clowance owners to their holiday system, so there probably isn't as much deposited with RCI now.  Worth looking out for though.

Offline heather

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 18:37:52 »
Many thanks Julia. You have reinforced my decision to take Trewince off my search list and reject the week they offered me.I have two years to find the right spot so I don't know why I even considered the first offer from RCI.

Clowance seems to fit the bill but I was looking at it with some skepticism because it looks so big and impersonal.I will have to rethink this.

And I'm still open to suggestions.

Offline Simoncc

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 07:55:39 »
quote:
Originally posted by JuliaR

Hi Heather

The only snag might be limited exchange availability, not sure but Clowance are now owned by Seasons who have bought up all the spare weeks and converted some of Clowance owners to their holiday system, so there probably isn't as much deposited with RCI now.  Worth looking out for though.

I still see plenty of Clowance availability through RCI Points and I'm hoping that will continue for a couple of years yet as I'm due another Cornwall holiday in about 2010!

I also quite often see availability for Sunterra resorts and they haven't been offically affiliated with RCI for many years

Offline heather

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 09:47:57 »
I see lots of Clowence for next summer for points so the new ownership seems to be cooperating so far. Thanks for the input. It really helps.