RCI getting worse!

Started by pinkkipper, December 03, 2007, 20:07:28

Previous topic - Next topic

pinkkipper

Almost lost my 2008 summer Holiday about 2 months ago - RCI "guide" "call center operative" took details but didnt make the reservation! I only caught it because I chased the non deduction of points and no letter, all the new "guide" could say is "good job you called".

Last week thought that got lucky - A good unit in a good ski resort and in school holidays for 2009 BUT...Today I get a call to say the unit is no longer available [:(!] - and to run salt in the wound came home to a confirmation letter

Are they just victimising me or could it be perhaps that a peak ski week is worth could be rented out for more than an exchange[?].

Comments please

tonyg

We have run into a few similar experiences in the USA along with a more frequent problem involving downgrades and cancellations at the Mayan Palaces (Mexico).

QARCICORK

Hello there, if you are talking about the European Call Center, they have a lot of new guides, meaning more and more mistakes. Furthermore, you can always be affected by a deletion, meaning that a member is disputing the deposited week, or even due to some trouble with the resort the unit is repossesed, but still in the system. I suppose in Indianapolis it is the same...

jaz

quote:
Originally posted by pinkkipper

Almost lost my 2008 summer Holiday about 2 months ago - RCI "guide" "call center operative" took details but didnt make the reservation! I only caught it because I chased the non deduction of points and no letter, all the new "guide" could say is "good job you called".

Last week thought that got lucky - A good unit in a good ski resort and in school holidays for 2009 BUT...Today I get a call to say the unit is no longer available [:(!] - and to run salt in the wound came home to a confirmation letter

Are they just victimising me or could it be perhaps that a peak ski week is worth could be rented out for more than an exchange[?].

Comments please

Keitht

Cancellation is a problem all over.  There is a thread running currently on TUG regarding the same problem in the US

QARCICORK

Just another question, was it a Mondi Resort, or perhaps the half board resort in Austria? If so, Mondi is implementing its own exchange club, resulting that many members "thought Mondi would surrender the weeks for them", hence RCI only finds out through the members when the annual fees are charged... Otherwise, with the HB Resort in Austria, I know that there are many owners suing the resort, which will affect the availability in the long run...