Canal Boat Exchange in UK

Started by , June 07, 2005, 12:41:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Has anybody been on this type of exchange. Do you have any comments. I'm thinking of exchanging for this type of holiday for a change.

Hugh

I have a canal boat timeshare, was using it last week in fact - what do you want to know?

Hi Hugh
How are you gettingon with your canal boat timeshare just recently got one through Clearwater justwondered if you hadany general informtion oradvice for us

My wife and I exchanged for a canal boat 2yrs ago on a whim. there wasent anything else available and we said "what the heck" we went for a week at Castle marina in Notingham. we toured the area and took the boat out for 4 days. We had a ball. we enjoyed it so much we will come back for 2 weeks as soon as the pound comes down more even with the us dollar. My advice is give it a try. By the way we met some of the most friendly people on the canals.

jasonclements

We did a week on the Llangollen canal a year or so ago.

Great week, very relaxing, nice places to visit en route, and the scenery and general peacefulness as you slowly cover the ground over the canals is stunning.

Im thinking of exchanging again for later in the year as the kids enjoyed it so much.  Which when you consider they had no access to computers, phones, satellite tv for a week was a minor miracle [:)]

Give it a go, it's worth it.  

jason

lucky

We have never exchanged into a timeshare canal boat but my parents have a narrow boat. Its an entirely different holiday. Can be tiring working the locks but all part of the holiday. You'll see the countryside from a completely different perspective. The plants and wildlife are more avaialable to see than from the country roads.

If you take advantage of this exchange then dont try and rush from a to b, thats very difficult. And when you return back to a) its the same route but looks completely different from the opposite direction.

Tina

ctoner

This is so great to hear the terrific feedback as we have exchanged into a week on a canal boat in July. We are so excited as this has been in the planning for  2 years now. We are exchanging out of Barton Turns Marina through Classic. Anyone else been? We have a 69' boat called "The Prince".. we'll be looking for you

heather

quote:
Originally posted by ctoner

This is so great to hear the terrific feedback as we have exchanged into a week on a canal boat in July. We are so excited as this has been in the planning for  2 years now. We are exchanging out of Barton Turns Marina through Classic. Anyone else been? We have a 69' boat called "The Prince".. we'll be looking for you

We exchanged two years ago with Canaltime out of Tamworth and had a great time. I envy you. What age groups will be onboard? Have you looked at the  review in the Resort Write-up section of this site? There is one at http://www.timesharetalk.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=976