RCI Travel

Started by Barbarian, July 12, 2005, 15:40:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Barbarian

Has anyone else had difficulty in accessing the Travel section on the RCI website lately?  I have tried to check on availablity and cost of flights for a visit to a resort in Tenerife where I own a timeshare week.  Numerous attempts over the past week just bring up a notice saying the facility is temporarily unavailable and suggesting that I make contact by phone.  I don't really want to phone, all I need is information so that I can compare RCI's offerings with other sources.  Is this another RCI ploy to try to increase their turnover? [^]
Ian Chisholm

Barbarian

Ian Chisholm

jasonclements

I've had similar problems recently with this part of their site.  

I havent rung them, maybe I should, however I have found that generally when comparing RCI prices in this section against other online companies they dont always come out that cheap.

However if you ring them they do tend to undercut the opposition.

jc

Edna

quote:
Originally posted by Barbarian

Has anyone else had difficulty in accessing the Travel section on the RCI website lately?  I have tried to check on availablity and cost of flights for a visit to a resort in Tenerife where I own a timeshare week.  Numerous attempts over the past week just bring up a notice saying the facility is temporarily unavailable and suggesting that I make contact by phone.  I don't really want to phone, all I need is information so that I can compare RCI's offerings with other sources.  Is this another RCI ploy to try to increase their turnover? [^]

I wasn't aware you could what's available on the RCI website. You have to phone to find out. What you want probably won't be available and when they find you something else you can't find out about it. We spent nearly an hour on the phone a phone months ago. We couldn't even get the country we wanted. They finally find us one and when I went on the web later I found it was totally unsuitable and we had to cancel. We lost over £200 exchange fee and £75 flight deposit. I wrote to them about it but they haven't answered. Don't think we'll be continuing with them.

Barbarian

Yes Edna you could, until recently, find and book flights on the travel section of the RCI website.  Your experience illustates just why I am reluctant to phone them, although you were obviously looking for an exchange as well as a flight.  I have already decided to quit RCI as soon as I have used the last week that I have banked with them.  In my opinion RCI are no longer interested in providing a service to their members but only in extracting the maximum amount of cash from them. There are other exchange organisations such as Dial an Exchange (DAE) and flights etc are easy to find and book on the net, so who needs RCI? [8D]
Ian Chisholm

kazhugs

I have never yet been able to book a flight on the RCI website as it always comes up as unavailable to book one i have got as far as checking the price.

Last week i telephoned RCI to check availability and cost of a flight from the UK to Malta. I advised the guy that i had a cheaper quote on the internet and he disagreed telling me that once i progressed the internet booking i would find that it would be more expensive. The outcome was that i booked via the internet and the flight was £100 less than quoted by RCI!!