RCI - Poor Service

Started by , May 21, 2005, 14:55:58

Previous topic - Next topic

when we went in april to use our timeshare in malta we arrived to find the hotel had been closed for two months and rci hadn't let us know. we had to book alternative accomadation for a week which we could only just afford. I rang them and they said the only information was that the hotel had closed. Why couldn@t they have told us befoere we travelled?

Boss Man

Shaggy,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the information.

This just shows the POOR service RCI offers and why so many people are using the alternative exchange organisations like DAE.

I would write to RCI and ask for a refund of your exchange fee or the cost of the weeks accomodation that you had to book.

Be strong and persist with them; unless people like yourselves persist with complaints, they won't care about what they are doing wrong.

pinkkipper

what was the resort please - we are over there next week and if its one we are visiting I'd like to check "just in case"

copey

I did an RCI exchange in Malta a few years back,terrible place,had to put blankets on the chairs and settee to stop our clothes getting dirty,under neath the bed mattress were a selection of old kitchen unit doors to stop the mattress sagging,when we eventually got hold of a rep ,we were able to move to a different appartment,which was alot better,not good but better,the reps explaination was that RCI had only just got involved with the place and was doing its best to get it sorted,complained to RCI on our return,reply was .."sometimes these problems happen"..no sorry or anything,so dont hold your breath for anything off them..
Think the place was called
..PORTO AZZURA on the far end of St Pauls bay at at place with all xx `s in it,pronounced SHEMSHIMA

tonyg

Worse than poor service, the word negligent comes to mind. However, there seems to be a hint here that this was not an exchange but rather a trip to your owned timeshare. If this is the case, why would RCI notify you or be responsible to do so ?

quote:
Originally posted by pinkkipper

what was the resort please - we are over there next week and if its one we are visiting I'd like to check "just in case"

Simoncc

quote:
Originally posted by shaggy

when we went in april to use our timeshare in malta we arrived to find the hotel had been closed for two months

As Tony says, your quote seems to indicate that you were going to your own resort rather than one you exchanged into via RCI. Is this correct? If so, why is it RCI's responsibility to let you know that your own resort has closed down?

If it was an exchange then by all means go after them with all guns blazing!

quote:
Originally posted by shaggy

quote:
Originally posted by pinkkipper