August 12, 2020, 01:09:35


Fees

Started by heather, January 31, 2006, 22:44:06

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

heather

Keitht just posted an irate comment on the General Discussions forum about his an increase in RCI membership fees. My blood pressure immediatley went up but then I relized that keith is referring to UK fees and maybe, just maybe, my North American situation is different. And, how many other pricing areas besides North America and the UK are involved here? Can anyone enlighten me? Also, I volunteer to do a comparison of the various fees and publish it here. I am willing to bet that there is a wide discrepancy. Or maybe this comparison has been done elsewhere and I am planning to reinvent the wheel. Does anyone know?

My main gripe right now is that there is, in my pricing area, a new fee for depositing a week into points and the points exchange fee has gone up. I vented my frustration with this to a poor Guide, but told him that I knew that it wasn't his fault.

Let's amass some comparitive data. I have the feeling this information will only make us more angry but it's better than living in naive darkness!

 

heather

 

Keitht

quote:
Originally posted by heather

Keitht just posted an irate comment on the General Discussions forum about his an increase in RCI membership fees.


Pardon?  Unless I am posting in my sleep I don't recall doing the above!  [?]

Mavo

quote:
Originally posted by Keitht

quote:
Originally posted by heather

Keitht just posted an irate comment on the General Discussions forum about his an increase in RCI membership fees.


Pardon?  Unless I am posting in my sleep I don't recall doing the above!  [?]



I think is was probably me.
I copied across an irate posting that someone had put in the RCI section of crimeshare.
They had made reference to a rise in some RCI fees. What they did not make clear was whether this rise was in some sort of resort maintenance fees or a hike in annual fees to allow exchanges via RCI. I thought that by copying it across to here that it would shed some light on what fees (if any) had increased by 40%

LRE

Hi All

The fees to exchange in Australia went from $80.00 to $120.00 from March this year so it seems to be world wide RCI want more money all  the time if we exchange out of Australia it is more again.
 

heather

I'm truly sorry Keith. My memory did not serve me well. Yes, it was you Mavo. A senior moment? Onset of alzheimers? All of the above? Maybe! Yesterday I locked the car keys into the trunk so overall, it was not a good day.
 

tonyg

I thought that it would be strange that Keith would get irate. But don't be so down on yourself Heather, as I remember a night when I locked my keys in the trunk about 15 years ago. And I wasn't even drinking that night.

Keitht

quote:
Originally posted by heather

I'm truly sorry Keith. My memory did not serve me well. Yes, it was you Mavo. A senior moment? Onset of alzheimers? All of the above? Maybe! Yesterday I locked the car keys into the trunk so overall, it was not a good day.



I'm glad it was you having a Senior moment and not me[:D]

Tonyg - If what Mavo says about fees is correct I will certainly get irate.  I just don't see the point in 'going off on one' on the boards. [;)]

Powered by EzPortal