Swopping exchange company

Started by , March 09, 2006, 13:14:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi All

We are currently RCI members but would like to swop to DAE.  Problem is we have three weeks deposited with RCI!!  Does anyone know if it is possible to "un-deposit" weeks?

Regards

Chris

cbogan

quote:
Originally posted by chrisr

Hi All

We are currently RCI members but would like to swop to DAE.  Problem is we have three weeks deposited with RCI!!  Does anyone know if it is possible to "un-deposit" weeks?

Regards

Chris

Hi Chris

As far as I'm aware, you can "undeposit" only if the week hasn't been taken up already by another exchanger.  Good luck!

Cath.

Hi Catherine

Thanks for your response.  How would I find out whether or not the weeks have been taken up by another exchanger??

Regards

chris

Mollie

If you have recently deposited the weeks you should be able to redeem them if you say you wish to use them yourself and have not had a confirmed exchange.  I also will not be renewing my rci membership next year

cbogan

quote:
Originally posted by chrisr

Hi Catherine

Thanks for your response.  How would I find out whether or not the weeks have been taken up by another exchanger??

Regards

chris

Hi - I agree with Mollie.  The key is that no-one else has taken them out of the spacebank.  We are also not renewing our membership with RCI (due to expire next year) and have already registered with DAE.  Isn't it strange how many dissatisfied members RCI have nowadays?

Cheers,
Cath.

Val

You can also get a refund from RCI for unexpired membership time if you have no weeks banked in as we did when we cancelled our membership

Hi All

Thanks for your comments.

Regarding RCI membership - this was posted on Crimeshare today:

The number of British members of RCI (exchange and points) fell by almost exactly 5% from 2004 to 2005 as they expressed their dissatisfaction with the RCI service.  Unsubstantiated (so far) reports suggest that the exodus is accelerating.  The number at the end of 2005 was 199 thousand.

Makes you wonder what their global numbers are doing!!!

Mollie - our weeks have been banked for quite a while.  What do you mean by "have not had a confirmed exchange" - do RCI notify members of exchanges?

Regards

Chris

Mollie

We just rang them up and asked if we could reclaim them and had no problem but they had only been deposited for about 2 months