JUST WONDERING

Started by , June 24, 2004, 00:22:16

Previous topic - Next topic

FAO of all RCI  members who read this forum on your behalf I have got legal consultation who are prepared to take on a case against RCI .

This means nothing to me and I get nothing out of this ,just doing this because I don't believe its right what RCI is doing to it's members .

I have lots of proof of whats going on and its proof that RCI can't deny .
All I want to know is in your opinion do you think any members ( might even be you )  would mind if they got a call from a lawyer or me outside of work in relation to there week being rented instead of going for exchange .

The only reason I ask this is that I have lots of proof but we might need to contact members who owned the week that was rented and I might be invading there privacy .
In your opinion would you mind if you got the call either from me or lawyer

Carolinian

Go for it!  Timesharing could use some consumer protection litigation right now!  I suppose that you are based in the UK, and so need UK citizens, which I am not.  

I hope you get some timesharers from the UK to step up to the plate.

I have suggested trying to get a state Attorney General to take up similar litigation, but politics in my state do not put me in a position to approach our current AG.  Hopefully a different AG will be elected in November, which will put me in a position to try to do something.

Anon,

Would you consider sending me a private message giving me the name and phone number of the attorney you consulted?  I believe that might help both of us.  

Thanks.  (or not!)

Boss Man

Carolinian,

Anon if from the USA.

brockster

I really don't think most RCI members would mind being called.  After all this is our investment.  And several of us are not benefitting from it at all.  Read all the message boards, all the frustrated members who can't get exchanges.  It's not fair, it's not what we bought in to.

Nickwood

Have I missed something here?
This talk of RCI putting deposited weeks into a rental pool instead of for exchanges. Is the practice not a totally illegal fraud on RCI's part as I do not recall any agreement being made between myself & RCI stating that they can rent out my deposited weeks for their financial gain.  If they were operating as a rental company to bring renters & owners together with a bit of commission deducted fair enough but they are not, they are solely an exchange organisation.
I have long been disatisfied with the level of service & poor feedback received from RCI but as a recent viewer of this site I am now becoming well & truly cheesed off.
It would seem to amount to theft if it is true.[:(!]

I don't think very many members would object, if it will straighten out the problem. Someone needs to pull RCI up short, and there must be a lot of people out there whou would be facinated to know the real reason why they have not gotten the trades that they have spent months waiting for.

Dee

I wish I could help, but due to the frustration in getting a desireable exchange (And we do NOT always want to travel PRIME TIME), we have drawn back from depsoting a lot of our weeks into the system (see post in "Ask RCI Insider")  This is a shame as all of our times shares are "lock-out" units, purchase with the intention of using half for the week pruchased and exchanging the other half for a different resort.

However, if your lawyer would like to get in contact with me, I would be prepared to float a balloon, i.e. deposit a good week to see what happened to it once it entered the system.

Nickwood.
I totally agree. If the allegations are true then this is theft on a MASSIVE scale and should be investigated by the relevant Law enforcement agency (FBI?). A massive company fraud.
Are RCI untouchable?

quote:
Originally posted by anon

FAO of all RCI  members who read this forum on your behalf I have got legal consultation who are prepared to take on a case against RCI .

This means nothing to me and I get nothing out of this ,just doing this because I don't believe its right what RCI is doing to it's members .

I have lots of proof of whats going on and its proof that RCI can't deny .
All I want to know is in your opinion do you think any members ( might even be you )  would mind if they got a call from a lawyer or me outside of work in relation to there week being rented instead of going for exchange .

The only reason I ask this is that I have lots of proof but we might need to contact members who owned the week that was rented and I might be invading there privacy .
In your opinion would you mind if you got the call either from me or lawyer

I am not in the UK but after reading about RCI and it's shady practices I felt I'd write this. I own at Lawrence Welk Escondito Ca. and I just got a letter from them saying they are now affiliating with II exclusively after many years with RCI. II will now take over the on-site locale and RCI will be leaving. Could Welk know about the problems with RCI and are they going to start a mass exodus of resorts from the RCI pool? I am a member of both II and RCI and have complaints with both but more so with RCI so I'm hoping other resorts will react and get RCI to correct this problem! What an eye opener for me!!!!
Thanks Anon!

Carolinian

The Seasons chain of timeshare resorts in Europe jumped ship from RCI to II a couple of years ago, and in their newsletter announcing the change fired a broadside at RCI over favoritism toward Points and resulting unfairness to Weeks exchangers, and rentals to non-members which at that time Seasons said amounted to hundreds of thousands of weeks from the exchange pool.

There was a resort in Hershey, Pa. that switched from RCI to II becuase they felt RCI was headed in the direction of all points.

The large Sunterra and Trendwest/Worldmark chains also moved from RCI to II.  Cendant's purchase of Trendwest/Worldmark may well move it back to RCI, however.

There was a resort in London that dropped RCI for the independent exchange company SFX.

I thought this was interesting. Today I received the new edition of Endless Vacation (USA)and in the back they included ALL the info on weeks AND points membership. I don't recall seeing it in any other issue so why now? Could it be all the complaints they get? Are they changing the rules and must we sift through all this info to find out? If I can find a spare day I might just read all the info and see what's up.

Chanbing

Hey Anon what office do you work out of? There is alot of people who talk about RCI weeks being rented out , but if we all think about this, when a member deposits a week with RCI they are giving full rights of that week to RCI! This means technically RCI can do whatever they want with it. I been with RCI for a few years now, and I know the system alot better then most and I have not came across an account where its being rented out!! Most units that are rented come directly from people who rent there week out through there resort(All resorts have the backdoor access to our system to put them into the rental pool) and other units are purchased directly from the resort in bulk and rented out through RCI!
I'd like to know what accounts you have tracked and how you can prove this. I taken alot of accounts, checked with an exchange week, booked the unit the member wanted and the rentals are still available!Seems to me you are going along with everyones flow on how RCI rents out weeks.  If you can prove this and you think you know what you talking about you should get back to me and i'd like to take a look for myself!
Chanbing

As you are from Canada, are you aware of the legal case in Alberta against a number of companies including RCI Canada?
It has been highlighted in the RCI Community Forum under the Ask RCI section. It is worth looking at.
[xx(][?]

wolfgangbrand

Hi There

I still have doughts about 'anon's ' credibility. I am not convienced by this 'i have to work there but it's no good' pitch.

Hey, if you're a men resign or shut up!

Wolfgang

As I said all ready wolfgang i have plenty other things to be doing I work long hours with RCI have a wife and young kids so if you want me to stop posting all I can say is best of luck to ye all and i know my wife would agree she already thinks I spend too much time in work without helping unappreciative people outside work.

Thank you to all who appreciatiated my help but oviously I'm not going to come online on my own time and listen to abuse from xxxxxxx like wolfgang .No fault of ye members but I get enough abuse all day on the phone in work .
Good Luck

wolfgangbrand

Anon

All I am saying is, one who does not believe in what he is doing should take the consequences and resign, instaed of slagging off his employer.

If I would catch one of my staff doing this, i would expect him to

1. Either suggest solutions or
2. Resign

How can a man take money from a company and at the same time damaging the reputation of that same company. It simply is not ethical. You work FOR them OR against them but not both. Ever heard this saying?: If you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem.

Don't tell me you can't get another job - there are plenty of jobs around in timeshare. However, if one would reveal your identity your chances of getting another job would be close to zero, as NOBODY would rsik to have you on board. Companies expect commitment from their staff, thats why they are prepared to pay them!

This is not abusive, its the truth, if you take that personal that frankly is your problem. Maybe you should reconsider your own attitude - it might lead into you making more money!

Good luck mate

I don`t think we should be slagging each other off on these pages.
Anon has tried to air his experience and opinions about his employers, on this site, I think for the benefit of exchangees-it will hardly be benefiting him. He has to tread carefully.

RCI employs thousands of employees, so it can`t be easy for a lone voice to raise objections internally in such a large concern.By raising discussion outside he has acted as a whistleblower.

As mentioned previously, RCI is now mentioned in a legal case in Canada, so it is perhaps better at the moment for us all to wait and see what happens. [:D]

[B)]

I see that RCI is now using their on-line Resort Directory to advertise their sister company Fairfield Resorts.

It is commercially acceptable for companies to do this, and RCI have regularly promoted another sister company, Avis, in the past.

I was however, a little surprised to see a sister company so prominently displayed on the first page after the initial search.

Have a look!