Membership Fees

Started by , August 06, 2004, 11:59:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi
I own timeshares at Hollywood Mirage and Beverly Hills Heights. These (along with Beverly Hills Club) are sister resorts all owned by the same company. Apparently if you exchange to one of these resorts through RCI you cannot visit ANY of the others for four years.
However, when I joined RCI we were told that we would have to pay seperate membership fees because they are seperate resorts. Is this true?
Peter

Carolinian

The best way to avoid such fees is to use an exchange company that does not charge them in the first place like www.dialanexchange.com

I have exchanged through DAE and the service is pretty good, however, I have always found that the choice is quite limited and the quality of what is available is on the low side. When I exchange a Gold Crown Resort I want something similar in exchange.
DAE is great for someone with a cheap, low quality timeshare (you can pick up weeks at some resorts for under £500) who is maybe looking to exchange 'up' to a more expensive resort. DAE does not differentiate between resorts. Obviously your view depends on whether you are a winner or a loser!

quote:
Originally posted by dobbin

Hi
I own timeshares at Hollywood Mirage and Beverly Hills Heights. These (along with Beverly Hills Club) are sister resorts all owned by the same company. Apparently if you exchange to one of these resorts through RCI you cannot visit ANY of the others for four years.
However, when I joined RCI we were told that we would have to pay seperate membership fees because they are seperate resorts. Is this true?
Peter

Peter - If you do decide to join RCI, you do not have to purchase a separate membership for each resort; many members have numerous resorts under a single membership.

The 1 in 4 return rule doesn't apply to owners at the resort, only to non-owners trading in.

Also, as Carolinian said, do some homework and check out independent exchange companies. Competition is good for the industry!

Hope this helps!