Anyone been to Hawaii?

Offline heather

Anyone been to Hawaii?
« on: June 29, 2005, 22:40:13 »
I'm planning our first visit to Hawaii for October, 2006. It will be a trip of app. one month's duration with the first week spent on the Pacific coast of Canada, the second on a cruise from Vancouver to  Honolulu (which invludes a day on each of three islands). I now want to book a few timeshare weeks on one or two of the islands. Any advice would be welcomed.

Offline LRE

Anyone been to Hawaii?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 02:44:57 »
Hi Heather
We are just back from Hawaii we stayed a week on the 4 main islands it was the best holiday we have ever had there is so much to see.
We stayed at the Ocean Resort it is not TS we got it through a Qantas deal it was a basic hotel but was ok it was near the beach the only thing do not get any where to stay in the Lewers street end as they are pulling down a whole block units there more dust and jackhammers it is a mess.
On Maui we stayed at Maui SunSet TS it was very good and on the Big Island we stayed at Mauna Loa Village By The Sea it was very good also and on Kauai we stayed at Pahio At Bali Hai Villas it was very good to .
We like Kauai the best as there is so much to see there the veiw from the Princeville hotel at sunset is out of this world and the drive up the canyon is a must do the big Island is a lot bigger than the others and has a lot of old and new lava flows on it but to see the vocano is a must take flight over it and it some thing to see.
If I can help you more just Ask.At momment the Ts we stayed at  on Kauai is on bonus weeks on RCI and can be booked out a long way in advace we got it that way.
___LRE____

Offline heather

Anyone been to Hawaii?
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2005, 13:13:09 »
Thank you for this. I am now going to look up the places you mentioned and will get back to you, no doubt, with more questions.

Anyone been to Hawaii?
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2005, 17:52:50 »
WE ARE MEMBERS OF SHELL VACATIONS AND HAVE A HOME CLUB ON KUAI AT THE BEACH BOY. IT IS VERY NICE ON THE OCEAN AND HAS GREAT FACILITIES. IT MIGHT BE USEFUL TO VISIT SHELL VACATION CLUB ON THE INTERNET. RCI HAS THESE RESORTS LISTED . THEY ARE GOLD CROWN.

Icc5

Anyone been to Hawaii?
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2005, 21:40:53 »
I don't know why but for some reason it wouldn't let me reply earlier.
We have been to Hawaii many, many times.  The first thing I would do would be make sure to rent a car.
My choice of islands would be for an all around experience of both relaxing and night life go to Maui.  Great things to see also.
My second choice would be the Big Island mainly for sightseeing.
My third choice would be Kauii and there we like the North Coast the best and snorkling.
No matter what though, you can't go wrong in Hawaii except for some reason you want to keep coming back.  The only thing that stopped us this year was my son because he is tired of going.  Three years in a row was too much for him.
Bart

Offline heather

Anyone been to Hawaii?
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2005, 22:30:57 »
It's good to meet you Bart. You sound like a good resource for me. Maybe it would help if I told you the ports of call for the cruise. We are two days in Kailua Kona, and one in Hilo, from both of which we can tour The Big Island. We are then two days in Lahaina, Maui and finally debark in Honolulu. Now that I know little more than when I originally posted, I've decided to stay a few days in Honolulu and then find a timeshare on perhaps an island we missed or go back to one where we docked. Kauai now seems logical for this week. any suggestions though would be gratefully received.

Icc5

Anyone been to Hawaii?
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2005, 15:19:10 »
Good morning,
We enjoyed our stay at the Cliff's Club on Kauii the last time we were there.  Not many amenities but the timeshare inside was real homey.  This brought us only a short drive to the beach for snorkling.
It sits on a cliff so you can see the ocean but you can't walk down to it.  The Southshore has many more timeshares on it closer to the water's edge.  
Is there anything in particular you are after or looking for?
If I can help e-mail me at BBGach@AOL.com till the middle of next month.  After that I am dropping AOL and going with a DSL company so my e-mail will be changing.  Put Hawaii Timeshare in title so I will know it is from you.
Thanks,
Bart

Anyone been to Hawaii?
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2006, 19:41:56 »
Bill and I were in Hawaii when it became a state and now own two timeshares there and have three timeshares reserved for March.  The week on Kauai came from the Hawaii Exchange Company.  One Napili Way has a website and rents weeks sometimes.  Paniolo is with the Shell Group.  The Big Island has Volcanos National Park plus the restored Place of Refuge and my favorite Botanic Garden just north of Hilo on the seaward side.  Many spectacular and different beaches on all islands.  Mauai and the Big Island are my favorites.  Bill says scuba diving is good off Mauai. Have fun!

Keitht

Anyone been to Hawaii?
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2006, 14:13:41 »
We have only stayed on Oahu, and not in timeshare accommodation.  We have visited Kauai and the Big Island on day trips (very long day trips with pickup time around 5am), but it was worth it.  Each island has its good and better bits.  We didn't see anything bad on any of the islands.  Waikiki is hectic but with a car you can be driving through rain forest in a few minutes so don't worry.  Whichever island or islands you visit I have no doubt you will enjoy it.