Club Cala de Mar Mallorca

Offline Jackiee

« on: December 16, 2005, 00:54:15 »
We have received an exchange to this resort for June 2006.  If anyone has stayed here or has any info on the resort I would love to hear about it.  I think it may belong to Sunterra.  Thanks....
Jackie

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 00:39:42 »
Jackie this time share is very nice and is actually at Es Forti-the other side of the marina at Cala D'or!-you are near a large supermarket and a small shopping complex-with the usual variety of holiday shops and of course Good Restuarants! I would advise you to hire a car as the beaches are small coves and you might want to explore!! We have been going back to Es Forti for 15 years now and my 15year old can't wait to go back-July for 3 weeks-If you have small children the pool area is ideal-the rooms are clean and we enjoyed our stay at Cala de Mar.try the web; cala dor scene type in mallorca search and get a map of Cala D'or. Remember a holiday is what you make of it! Cala Mondrago is a beautiful beach we call it the Bounty Bar beach!![you will need a car to get to it]named after the Beach in the old bounty bar advert-Try RCI web site and you will see the PICS of the resort-let me know if you want any more info on things to do with wee ones to keep them occupied on holiday -you are near a small childrens arcade-Es Talaial Kiddy car rides--Hope you enjoy your stay as much as we do! good luck!

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 00:51:37 »
Jackiee,I forgot to say it's a fair distance from Palma Airport book resorthoppa.com for a private taxi to take you to and from the airport-resort- it's much cheaper than getting a taxi at the airport.
you will be met at arrivals and taken to Cala de Mar they will then collect you for your return journey-we had a little mini bus to ourselves one year-

Offline Jackiee

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2006, 14:44:47 »
Hi Elizabeth and thanks for you info.  Sorry I've taken so long to reply but we have been to Kilconquhar Castle in Fife for a week.

It'll just be the 2 of us travelling this time as our kids are grown up.  We have a 12 week old grandchild so may use your advice another year as regards things for wee ones to do.

We are actually staying in Palma for 2 days and then heading to Cala de Mar for a further week.  We haven't decided if we'll hire a car or not yet but your web site sounds good.  Can you remember what the taxi cost you previously?  The cost of that may be the decision-maker on whether or not to rent a car.

We stayed in Cala d'Or many years ago with the kids and we're really looking forward to going back.  No doubt it'll have changed completely!
Jackie

Offline williea

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2006, 20:20:32 »
Hi Jackie
We got a taxi from the airport to Cala de Mar last June.
It cost 60 euros going and 55 coming back
Willie

Offline Jackiee

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2006, 21:36:44 »
Thanks for that Willie.  We'd probably be as cheap with a car.
Jackie