sking??

pinkkipper

sking??
« on: January 04, 2006, 13:43:22 »
Anybody used timeshare resorts in europe for sking?

We need a good place for a family of "intermediate ability".

Also are there any things to look for (from a timeshare point of view)?
We have only done sking packages to date so things like self driving (snow chains etc) will be new.

Roy Boyles

sking??
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 23:40:33 »
Yes I own at one RCI points 4804 Les Naturelles. Switzerland. Are you intending to drive from UK ? Give me more detail and I will mark your card. What are you looking for re timeshare. Fairly basic or Gold Crown ? First of all are you RCI ? It is the only outfit I know something about. How many are you ?

pinkkipper

sking??
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 13:01:21 »
Roy,

I'm  willing to drive but the rest of the family dont want to (something to the drive from Manchester to Dover) so we would fly with a hire car at the other end (unless Taxi was cheaper.

We would be looking at something basic through RCI points so we can still have some summer holiday.

My main concern is to find something that would suit the kids who have only just learned to ski (aged 11 and 8 next year), and that does not involve a drive to the slopes.
I'm also a bit unsure as to the best way to get things like passes and hire skis i.e. what help can be obtained from the resorts.

Any experience on these items would be appreciates as would comments on Switzerland, our pre children sking experience being restricted to Flaine with its ski to the door facilities.

Roy Boyles

sking??
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2006, 16:28:47 »
Sorry for delay in replying.I thought the kids might be the key to it all. Of the locations I know points wise, they would probably be best suited at 4804 Les Naturelles where I know the owner Ludwig Linsi. I own there just outside the main ski season week 17.
Leukerbad is a spa resort firstly but the skiing is very pleasant. The main lift is just above the apartments, which are first class. Passes and gear would be no problem there. A 10 minute stroll along the Promenade brings you into the centre with all the amenities. The kids will love the Burgerbad (checkLeukerbad on the web)
I know that Ludwig has offered more units to RCI recently. Transport. Fly to Geneva. Either rent a car. 2 1/2 hour max drive to Leukerbad, mostly M way or take train and taxi 'up the hill' the last 10 miles or so. Leuk station is on main line from Geneva to Milan. The kids will love Swiss trains (as I do)
An alternative suggestion is 1920 Alpine Club Schladming Austria where my 2 bigger grandsons went when they were 8 and 9 many moons ago. It is not points but you might getlucky.
Leukerbad is high so don't worry about snow. You could try for Easter. Failing points Ludwig can do a deal for renting. Let me know how you go. I am royskiboyles@yahoo.co.uk