Marriotts Marbella Beach Resort

« on: August 20, 2006, 15:37:51 »
we have a 3 bedroom silver unit which we want to sell - any advice as to the quickest, safest and most profitable way to go about it would be appreciated along with any advice as to pitfalls etc

Thanks very much

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 05:50:29 »
I would try Travel & Leisure but also stick it on ebay as a set price item. With it being Silver it is probably going to take 6 - 12 months to sell. Remember you can't sell it quickly at a low price because of Marriott's policy of refusing the sale of under priced units.

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 18:29:48 »
quote:
Originally posted by iansp

we have a 3 bedroom silver unit which we want to sell - any advice as to the quickest, safest and most profitable way to go about it would be appreciated along with any advice as to pitfalls etc

Thanks very much

ian how much are you looking for it and whats the difference between the gold and platinum package and is it points based or static weeks m8, joe

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 19:23:04 »
Silver is winter, Gold is Spring, Gold Holiday is half term weeks and Platinum is summer peak

C

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 23:23:36 »
I have emailed Joseph with more information

Thanks for suggestion re Time and Leisure - I immediatley emailed them but have had no response so perhaps they are not interested.

I have had contact from an American  company called Vacation Property Resales which seems to provide an effective service on the face of it - does anyone know anything about their reputation. I don't want to sell it at a low price but they said Marriotts Vacation club appts are quite sellable and it would take no more than 4 to 6 months

Thanks

kekouri

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2006, 05:35:39 »
Don't list with any company that wants an up front fee.... period.

Look at www.myresortnetwork.com

www.redweek.com

Marriotts right of first refusal works like this......

You get an offer and you accept the offer.  That offer must be made known to Marriott.  They see the price, and if they want that week, THEY WILL PAY YOU THAT PRICE.  It only works if the resort has ROFR in the condo contract.  The original buyer loses the week you were about to sell it to him for.

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2006, 16:11:57 »
They only tend to get agressive about the right of first refusal after a resort is finished. They still have a sales team at Marbella Beach Club but no new inventory as the resort is completed so they will take advantage of the ROFR more than they would at Playa Andaluza where they are still building.

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2006, 19:03:18 »
thanks last two posters - I have just been on the myresortnetwork site and they do seem to want an up front listing fee