site hijack

Offline lawnmower60

site hijack
« on: December 05, 2007, 13:06:14 »
did the site get hijacked yesterday about 5 pm i opened it up and had a notice that the owners had closed site and a web page from a security firm was there saying rescrited access it was from vietnam i tried to access site from different ways and came up with same page about twenty minutes later it was gone and our web page was back
Brian

Mavo

site hijack
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 13:39:09 »
quote:
Originally posted by lawnmower60

did the site get hijacked yesterday about 5 pm i opened it up and had a notice that the owners had closed site and a web page from a security firm was there saying rescrited access it was from vietnam i tried to access site from different ways and came up with same page about twenty minutes later it was gone and our web page was back

Hi Brian
 I got that too but I had been catching up on my CCTV Cameras after being away at Los Amigos for a week. When I clicked out of the cameras for a rest from the boredom I noticed the security site with the option to click on the Union Flag.
 I thought it was some spam or a hacker so I closed down and when I restarted I got straight back into TST again and forgot all about it.
So yes you were not alone.
 I ran CCleaner after that just to make sure the site was deleted from my computer.

Offline Doggy50k

• Senior Moderator & Quiz Master
site hijack
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 18:14:53 »
Yes - we were attacked yesterday.

The Boss Man managed to sort the little blighters out though...
"You know; the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."

Offline Boss Man

• The Boss Man
  • Global Moderator
site hijack
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 19:47:56 »
It was more of a "polite hack". A security flaw was found in the site code and they "kindly let me know". Nothing malicious was done. Snitz released a security fix on the 1st December but I missed the email. As soon as I got home last night it was plugged.