Four Keys

neil1702

Four Keys
« on: December 12, 2007, 14:47:33 »
Have any of you Seasons members been invited to a "Four Keys" presentation?
Can't get to one myself but would be interested to hear what it's all about.

Cheers

Neil

alphabetic

Four Keys
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 00:02:30 »
quote:
Originally posted by neil1702

Have any of you Seasons members been invited to a "Four Keys" presentation?
Can't get to one myself but would be interested to hear what it's all about.

Cheers

Neil

No, but apparently you buy 1/8 or 1/4 of a year (mix of red/yel/green weeks) for a period and can use or rent-out or lease-back to Seasons. Looks like you become a fixed owner, but I think the weeks are still floating even if the lodge is fixed.

Alphabetic

Offline paulh

Four Keys
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 15:38:43 »
Just returned from Clowance.

Been offered the 8 keys and 16 keys presentation. Thankfully no hard sell, as usual.

Basis is that you pay the equivalent of the maintanence up front to then have maintenence free holidays for 16 years. After this they sell the accomodation or you continue to own free holidays. Did not discuss figures as things on the usual salesman pad of paper started over 20,000 which made it not for us which they accepted.

Whilst there they hinted that the reason they were to do this was to purchase new properties and gave this as an example although it is not confirmed! they are looking to take on 2 properties a year

http://www.brantridge-park.com/ [nofollow]

This appears to be a lovely resort much as Clowance was sold to us when we bought...

Am I the only Seasons member to have been disappointed by Clowance: we were in a 3 bed sleeps 8 in an a frame property; the third bedroom was a very small room with bunk beds that seemed out of a 1970's holiday to butlins with the same smell too. We were told that these were requiring updating and this is not suprising. To be fair the pool was nice as was the grounds and I suppose the bad weather tainted things a bit; but having been to Bude too I could not see any real benefit of Clowance other than it being close to St Ives.

neil1702

Four Keys
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 08:38:35 »
I wasn't disappointed with Clowance. We were in the old Coach House, which was fine for us, once we got them to remove one of the arm chairs so that we could actually open the sofa bed! We really enjoyed the clubhouse and the grounds. We had hoped to be given a 3 bed A frame unit but it sounds like we were lucky not to have one!

Since I opened this thread two and a half years ago we have since become 8 keys members and it's worked out really well for us. I appreciate it's not for everyone, but we like it.