RCI Timeshare in UK

RCI Timeshare in UK
« on: December 15, 2007, 12:34:01 »
I am planning a 2 weeks stay in UK in May 2008, and have zeroed in the following resorts. One week in the North and one week in the South. Would appreciate feedback on these places:

1. Langdale at Cumria
2. Sutton Hall , North Yorkshire
3. Golf Lodges Northumberland
4.Pine Lake Resort Lancashire
5.Carlon Club at Bournemouth
6.Miskin Manor at Glamorgan.

Deepak Prabhudesai

Offline oggsy

RCI Timeshare in UK
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 14:49:03 »
Pines lakes is very good and is a good position for base standards very high.Langdale excellent top class and i assume you mean Slaley when you say golf lodges.The last two are exceptional but are very,very,hard to get exchanges for.Another resort i would add on my list is THE LAKELAND VILLAGE at Newby Bridge, i have been 3 times to this resort.

Offline Carolinian

RCI Timeshare in UK
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 11:36:07 »
Sutton Hall is the only one on the list I have traded into, and I enjoyed the ambiance of the resort as well as the things to see in the area.

Offline Suebe

RCI Timeshare in UK
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 10:38:34 »
Miskin Manor is not far from where we live in South Wales.  Strangely enough, I was just talking to some friends who actually own there and the future does not look too good for this resort.  Financial problems - don't know how long it will be in existence.  There was a ESM recently where the owners were being offered another deal - our friends did not pay much attention to this as they were not interested so can not give any more details than this.

If it is still operating, the resort is just off the M4 motorway and is part of a hotel complex.  You would definitely need a car as there is not much in the immediate vicinity.  Good location for visiting Cardiff and Swansea areas and also other areas of South Wales.
Sue B