Visual changes to site

Started by Boss Man, March 05, 2008, 23:08:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Boss Man

Opinions on changes to the site please ....

daveandmaureen

Evening Bossman,

I will now be accused of greasing around the poss but I like the cahanges I have noticed thus far. Which are the darker and somehow 3D-like effect on the bars between the topics abd the fact that read topics change to Red one read.

I am sure there are a lot I have failed to notice but I think the changes have improved the appearance.

Now how's that for a constructive and hopefully uncontroversial (Sp) post.

Cheers

Dave K

Boss Man

Dave,

Thank you for the comments.

The other main change is the removal of the light blue background from everything. I am also considering chaanging the top menu to the same style as the menu on the front page (top let).

There will also be some other small changes will all add up.

If anyone has any suggestions, please speak now ....

Doggy50k

Hi Boss

Is there a slightly darker blue font for the text - can be a smidge difficult against the background.

[:D]
"You know; the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."

Boss Man

Doggy50k

Very tidym[:D]

Would it be feasible to not loose the other links like "problems logging in" ?
"You know; the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."

Boss Man

You wont loose them, all the links will be there. Some of them will be grouped under a category for example User CP would have "My Personal Page" and "My Profile under it.

But to you think the menu with the blue background (as per the site) or the white background ?

Doggy50k

Personally I prefer the white to the blue - it then differentiates between the toolbar and the forum.

dragon

The site looks much clearer and crisper also more modern, th anti spam stands out better to, the blue band here at the bottom could do with a slight tinker as it clashes with the blue text, cheers dragon

Bazrat

Looking good boss but i would echo Doggys comment about a darker blue.

Barry

lawnmower60

when you open site and go to active topics and there are not any you cannot read banner
Brian

Boss Man

OK, blue darkened, text colour on "no active" topics fixed

Boss Man

OK take another look at http://www.timesharetalk.co.uk/forum/ttportal-test.asp

Any ideas / comments on style, position, order, links missing, links you would like to see ...etc

heather

This is the first time I've looked since all this tweaking so is it too late to say that I find the dark blue against the white blinding? Crisp is good but this seems like too much, so much so that the red of the "read" messages gets almost lost in the glare. Or, maybe this is all about my middle aged eyes.

daveandmaureen

Not wanting to disagree with Heather (it's a brave man who disagrees with an Administrator) but I prefer the darker shade of blue as requested by Doggy (I think).

Perhaps Heather could turn the brightness down on her screen, it is possible that its set a bit too bright which makes the white screen and Dark Blue writing seem excessive...just a thought.

I have to say I like the look of websites which have different sections for different subjects as this allows one to be selective if you only have a short time to browse.

Keep up the good work Bossman

Cheers

Dave K

PS the random stripes on the Anti=spam code box have also diasppeared which I think makes the letters easier to spot. Just wondered is the spam box case sensitive?

Boss Man

The stripes are random so should not have disappeared, just you have not seen them lately.

It is not case sensitive.

Dave, Are you seeing the Anti-Spam boxes ? I thought I had set it so paid people don't see them.

Boss Man

Well,

Apologies to those supporting members who have had to put up with the CAPTCHA code. I have now fixed this and it shall be no more.

Amazing what an 'and' instead of an 'or' does !

tonyg

I had not noticed much of a change until tonight when I couldn't locate the active topics link. Looks good tho.

daveandmaureen

Hi Gaffer,

I have sent a brief post on one of the many Baz, Boiler and la dragon threads this morning and I didn't need the Spam checker box as it had disappeared.

If it kept spam (and chopped pork, bacon grill and other such processed meats) off TST then I didn't mind. Although it is nice to know that as a "supporting" poster I am considered to be spam box exempt, thank you.

Not the place to post this but I will as I don't (for once) want to stir it any more on the OAB saga, I thought you dealt with Greenpeacedave and effectively his appeal against his yellow (red, orange whatever) card very promptly and very fairly.

Cheers

Dave K (spam free)

lawnmower60

I notice you have gone live with new heading one thing is that classified is cut off just clas showing
Brian