Points 10 month booking window

Started by Jackiee, April 29, 2008, 22:24:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackiee

I have been 'calendar watching' in order to exchange to Barbados for February or March 2009.  I am very aware of the 10 month window period, especially when looking for Barbados where there are not too many timeshare resorts available.  This is also the high season.

To my surprise, I received a call from an RCI rep offering me accommodation way before the time I would normally be allowed to book.  When I asked how he could do it and other reps couldn't, he said some of them have the authority to 'look further' than others.  Well, I wasn't complaining as I got the exchanges I wanted.  In fact I made a point of remembering his name for future!

He was extremely helpful and said RCI was there to work for us as we paid for it so we should be able to get what we wanted.  I don't know how he did it but I wish more of them were like him.

I'd be interested to know if this has happened to anyone else.
Jackie

Jackiee

Jackie

Keitht

quote:
Originally posted by Jackiee

He was extremely helpful and said RCI was there to work for us as we paid for it so we should be able to get what we wanted.  I don't know how he did it but I wish more of them were like him.

And when you woke from this wonderful dream how disappointed did you feel.  [:D]

Simoncc

It certainly hasn't happened to me!

Do you have by any chance a very desireable week that RCI want to get their hands on?

Jackiee

Actually no, it's the other way around really.  I wanted a ground floor unit at The Crane and got it................for the 3rd time!  These apartments are wonderful and have a 28ft pool on the terrace.  I can hardly believe we've done it again.

There is building going on there I know but we have honestly never been bothered by it and the rest is just so beautiful.

I guess it's just luck.
Jackie

pinkkipper

did you have an ongoing search and perhaps got a weeks week?

Jackiee

No.  I had phoned a couple of times for the relevant date without any joy as both the resorts we're going to are RCI Points.  Just luck I suppose. [:)]
Jackie