4000 points to give away!

kevinpoultney

« on: June 21, 2008, 11:49:26 »
Hi, I have 4000 Diamond Resort/The Former Company points to give away for 1 case of red wine, before I relinquish them back to the company. Fees paid for 2008. All transfer fees to be paid by the receiver.

Offline Doggy50k

• Senior Moderator & Quiz Master
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 11:56:55 »
I would love to take you up on this offer, but I am already in the process of obtaining more points.

My concern is that you may now be outside the hand back period...

To encourage more likely takers, could you let people know if you have:

1.  Paid the levy
2.  Carried forward any points
3.  Have any unused points for this year.

I do know that some people have picked up points for free during the hand back scheme, with an offer to sell them back at a later stage should circumstances change.  You might be able to find someone who would offer this sort of arrangement?

"You know; the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."

Offline Mavo

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 12:22:24 »
quote:
Originally posted by Doggy50k

I would love to take you up on this offer, but I am already in the process of obtaining more points.

My concern is that you may now be outside the hand back period...

To encourage more likely takers, could you let people know if you have:

1.  Paid the levy
2.  Carried forward any points
3.  Have any unused points for this year.

I do know that some people have picked up points for free during the hand back scheme, with an offer to sell them back at a later stage should circumstances change.  You might be able to find someone who would offer this sort of arrangement?

Hi Graham
 Once the points are no longer Kevins then if they are his only points it will not be possible to sell them back to him as he would no longer be a member. That is the current situation.

I do see from the written questions and answers at the AGM that it may be possible to sell points to non-members at some time in the future as it is being looked at with a view to a possible review.  
tomeluk

Offline Mavo

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 16:58:57 »
quote:
Originally posted by kevinpoultney

Hi, I have 4000 Diamond Resort/The Former Company points to give away for 1 case of red wine, before I relinquish them back to the company. Fees paid for 2008. All transfer fees to be paid by the receiver.

Hi Kevin
 I too think that the 30 day deadline may have passed but not to worry I have sent you a PM with an offer which is a big improvement on a case of red.
tomeluk