Sponsored Link

Refurbishments

Offline Doggy50k

• Senior Moderator & Quiz Master
    • View Profile
Refurbishments
« on: February 15, 2009, 14:48:40 »
Whilst I sit here in a huge cloud of smoke it strikes me that, whilst DRI are making improvements and refurbishing units (especially those at Pine Lake), perhaps when you fit an extractor above a hob - should it not actually be ducted out of the building?  

Ours appears to simply circulate the smoke and steam out of the pans!

If you dont spend approx £20 per unit on this ducting, you might as well remove the smoke detectors...

I expect I will be getting a visit shortly from someone on site, though there are no audible alarms inside the unit...

Whilst waiting I shall enjoy my steak.

This posting is made "tongue in cheek", and is merely a suggestion not a criticsm.

I should add that we are not in a refurbished unit.

"You know; the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."

Offline Doggy50k

• View Profile
Refurbishments
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 17:25:29 »
Actually - now I am incredibly worried - no visit from security - not even a phone call!

Just what does it take to set this thing off?

[:0]

Clearly my cooking isn't good enough!

[}:)][;)]

"You know; the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."

Offline tonyc

• View Profile
Refurbishments
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 00:34:32 »
Doggy

Obviously the 7th Cavalry aren't coming.  But, no doubt if the smoke is thick enough, the Apache might turn up.

Perhaps it might work if you have your steak "well done" next time?

Incidentally, aren't the cabins made of wood?

Offline lawnmower60

• View Profile
Refurbishments
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 06:59:19 »
Have you checked you have a smoke alarm and that it is working if not it is breaking fire regulations and they could be fined and the site closed down
Brian

Offline Doggy50k

• View Profile
Refurbishments
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 08:33:36 »
Hi Lawnmower

There is a smoke detector - mains powered by the looks of it.

The little red light flashes.

I was just concerned that it didn't seem to raise any sort of alarm.  Believe me, the place was full of smoke especially at ceiling level - perhaps it was the wrong sort of smoke?

Had it been at home I would have been taking the battery out of my detectors until the smoke had cleared.

Do we have any experts on the subject of smoke detectors who can shed any light on it?

Offline keever

• View Profile
Refurbishments
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 09:25:53 »
If there was as much smoke as you say doggy the the alarm should certainly have activated.  If it has a test button then give it a press to check the alarm sounds (you might have already done this). You can also look to see if the detector has been painted over, thus blocking the little slots with paint (a common occurence). If everything seems normal then I would get straight onto the reception and have the unit replaced ASAP.  regards Keever, (your resident Firefighter)  :-)
The British Empire was built on cups of tea. And if you think I'm going to war without one mate, your mistaken.

Offline Doggy50k

• View Profile
Refurbishments
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 10:44:16 »
I will certainly be broaching the subject with reception...

Offline daveandmaureen

• View Profile
Refurbishments
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2009, 13:09:57 »
Good afternoon Doggy

I hope that with the exception of your smoke problem you are enjoying your week.

Yesterday you posted as follows "I will certainly be broaching the subject with reception..."

This sort of constant complaining and crticism of DRI is the sort of thing which is ruining the DRI experience for so many Points Owners.

Just kidding....honest... but I have to say yesterday's pt is the most critical comment you have ever posted about DRI!!!

Cheers

Dave K (tongue firmly in cheek)

Offline Doggy50k

• View Profile
Refurbishments
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2009, 14:04:52 »
Hi Dave

Do you recall the photo below?

come come now...

[;)][;)][;)]

Offline peeweeel

• View Profile
Refurbishments
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2009, 17:37:26 »
I couldn't resist posting as the Anti-spam verification letters were RIP U
Phil E
Fairways Club and RCI Points .

Offline Doggy50k

• View Profile
Refurbishments
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2009, 18:46:41 »
Hi

I raised the subject of the smoke detector with reception - someone came out and had a look at it - they said it was probably OK but if I would like them to they would replace it.

We now have a brand new smoke detector.

Pretty good response time - and no quibbling.

Offline daveandmaureen

• View Profile
Refurbishments
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2009, 22:26:24 »
Hi Doggy,

I think Points Owners who allow their children to vandalise balcony fences should be banned.

Oh and Yes I am only joking, just I was early today with the 13.09 post.

Are you going to get some more steaks to road test the new smoke alarm????

Cheers

Dave K