Sponsored Link

Loch Rannoch Highland Club

Offline merrypuss

• View Profile
« on: March 04, 2009, 20:24:09 »
Hi, I am looking for some reviews on this club, I am considering buying a week  in September at Loch Rannoch from the club itself. From this site I  am aware of the problems with the previous management and the lack of pool facilities, but would like to know a bit more about the site and the lodges itself. I am looking to buy this week for our own use every year as Perthshire in September is beautiful, we are also hoping to take our dog with us. This will be my fourth timeshare, as thanks to the information on this site I have been able to make timeshare work well for me and enjoy our holidays. If there are any members of this club out there I would be grateful for some information.
Many thanks Merrypuss

Offline daviday

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 23:10:00 »
Loch Rannoch was, I believe, the first-ever timeshare to be built in the United Kingdom.  It's situated alongside Loch Rannoch just outside the village of Kinloch Rannoch. I've got two weeks here, one in August in the Lochside apartments - a little bit away from the main complex and a touch closer to the village - and another in September, located on the other side of the hotel, which I use purely for exchange as it's outside the school holiday period (it's also for sale if you're interested).  The accommodation is extremely comfortable and some of it has exceptional views over the loch - the view from Lochside 3 across the water is absolutely priceless. The pull-down beds in the living rooms are much more comfortable than the usual sofa-beds so you can confidently sleep six people in a two-bedroom unit, something I would hesitate to do at most places. Both my units have their own saunas too - something my wife values highly, after a day out in the countryside.

Amenities-wise, the resort is a little bare - there's no gym or swimming pool for instance (although that might change in the near future) and very little in organised entertainment.  But you can use the bar and restaurant in the on-site hotel or take a short walk into the village, where there's a pub, children's playground, cafeteria (with petrol station) and a well-stocked Spar shop. The last time I was there, in 2007, you could book outdoor activities - from bike and boat hire to some of the wilder sports - through an organisation based in the grounds of the pub. Dogs are no problem here.

Realistically, you'll need a car as it's not easy to get there by public transport, so day trips to Glasgow, Edinburgh, Inverness and Loch Ness are all easy.

Overall, it's a quiet resort, even in the high season - a great place to relax.  Butlins it isn't. It's most important to note that the annual maintenance fees are very, very low, compared with most UK timeshares - last year it was around 300 pounds for a two-bedroom unit - although you do have to pay for the electricity you use. It's affiliated to Interval International and Dial an Exchange, both of whom have always managed to organise great exchanges for me.

Offline merrypuss

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 20:16:20 »
Thanks for the comprehensive information, the unit I am interested in is Highland lodge number 39 its sounds wonderfull and has a sauna too. We live up beside Inverness so its not too far from home and in September Perthshire is beautiful. We will use the unit for a relaxing week walking with the dog.

GoogleTagged