Sponsored Link

Legal position of not paying annual fee

Offline Kevscar

• View Profile
Re: Legal position of not paying annual fee
« Reply #360 on: July 31, 2013, 15:59:36 »
Come on Mayo don't be shy just who are you talking about, wouldn't have anything to do with a complaint from a certain debt collecting company would it. Put up or shut up

Offline jhswilkinson

• View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 31, 2013, 18:48:50 »
Most people viewing these posts are able to identify who is giving good advice. A couple of lawyers conversant in timeshare spring to mind. I would rather trust them than someone who makes snide remarks that they then are unwilling or unable to justify. As Kevscar said "put up or shut up" Mavo.
j.wilkinson

Offline martyboy02

• View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 02, 2013, 15:12:55 »
    The free legal advice could be sought from the CAB but from my years as a trustee of the CAB I know that they signpost timeshare queries to TATOC.
     From my short time on the board at TATOC I know that the Helpline does some sterling work in advising consumers but they are not qualified "Legal Eagles" nor do they have the financial resources to employ someone who could provide a free legal advice service.

Because it is embroiled in something, that for reasons of the Data Protection Act, I am awaiting permissions on I am unable to to state what the incorrect advice is other than to note that, as already implied, it does not affect posts from the legally qualified elements frequenting the forums.
    Should those permissions not be forthcoming then I will be unable to say what the incorrect information is and the warning and sound advice not to act upon unqualified and incorrect information will remain.
     In conclusion I cannot take this discussion within the thread any further at this time.
[/quote]

Would be most grateful if you could clarify what you mean by "Signpost" and that CAB refers to the Citizens Advice Bureau.
Thanks
Survivor Of Anfi scammers, willing to help others

Offline martyboy02

• View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 05, 2013, 12:22:10 »
With regard to advice being good or bad, correct or incorrect, well intentioned or total frabrication (for what ever purpose).

I have phoned several Citizen Advice Bureau (s for the British, x for the French) in England, Wales and Scotland and none signposted me to TATOC, all recommended the local trading standards office or UK European Consumer Centre.

Sorry but curiosity got the better of me.  :)

Offline Mavo

• Supporting Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 05, 2013, 13:18:25 »
With regard to advice being good or bad, correct or incorrect, well intentioned or total frabrication (for what ever purpose).

I have phoned several Citizen Advice Bureau (s for the British, x for the French) in England, Wales and Scotland and none signposted me to TATOC, all recommended the local trading standards office or UK European Consumer Centre.

Sorry but curiosity got the better of me.  :)

No need to apologise as not everybody is good at research. http://www.wakefielddistrictcab.co.uk/
 x is for plural as used by The CAB to describe themselves collectively.
As I said: During my time as a Trustee Director of CABx it was mentioned during board meetings that The CAB did signpost people to TATOC and I have no reason to think other than that they still do so. They will no doubt signpost them to other sources of help too such as the OFT and Trading Standards.

You will also find the link to TATOC here on the CAB website under Other Useful Information in the Timeshare Section.
http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/consumer_e/travel_leisure_and_food_e/consumer_holidays_e/consumer_problems_with_holiday_clubs_e/what_happens_when_you_cancel_a_timeshare_or_holiday_club_agreement.htm
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 15:09:46 by Mavo »
tomeluk

Offline martyboy02

• View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 06, 2013, 16:20:15 »
Thnaks for that Mavo.

Like I said those i spoke to weren't aware of TATOC.

I loose faith in organisations that refer you to the RDO. As i won my battle against Anfi they (RDO) weren't interested in Anfi's breaches of the RDO's Code of Conduct and Ethics.

Anfi despite being asked over several months failed to respond to UKECC or Trading Standards, I have no doubt that would behave the same with any other Trade Bodies. So for the sake of sounding like a broken old record, consumers need a organisation with legal powers to compel groups such as Anfi to comply with instructions.

I believe that TATOC should be taking the lead in calling for a EU body with statatory powers to be formed and more robust legislation.

(And here comes the reply:- Thats what we are trying to do.)

Get vocal, start a multi national wide campaign, after all these years we still find ourselves dealing with the same old chestnuts. I am thinking that no one is genuinely interseted as there is so much money being generated at all levels of the industry and no one wants off the gravy train.

Offline meercat

• View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 09, 2013, 12:39:18 »
A bit of good news, for us anyway. After a couple of years of wrangling by letter, e mail and telephone, we have been sent forms to relinquish our week in CPO, Portugal. All pretty straight forward now, with no outstanding fees being demanded. Whew!! Thanks to Norm and Graham for all their advice and support during this stressful period.
meercat

Offline Mavo

• Supporting Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 09, 2013, 17:23:31 »
Thnaks for that Mavo.

I loose faith in organisations that refer you to the RDO. As i won my battle against Anfi they (RDO) weren't interested in Anfi's breaches of the RDO's Code of Conduct and Ethics.

Anfi despite being asked over several months failed to respond to UKECC or Trading Standards, I have no doubt that would behave the same with any other Trade Bodies. So for the sake of sounding like a broken old record, consumers need a organisation with legal powers to compel groups such as Anfi to comply with instructions.

I believe that TATOC should be taking the lead in calling for a EU body with statatory powers to be formed and more robust legislation.

Get vocal, start a multi national wide campaign, after all these years we still find ourselves dealing with the same old chestnuts. I am thinking that no one is genuinely interseted as there is so much money being generated at all levels of the industry and no one wants off the gravy train.

Well Martyboy, it seems that there is nobody left for you to trust and the entire blame for the ills you have experienced at Anfi seem to be the fault of Anfi and anybody else that you can connect in some way or another. Now it seems that the Citizens Advice Bureaux are to be mistrusted for signposting consumers to RDO and a variety of other consumer and even government led bodies and so they are mistrusted by implication, despite a record of over 70 years experience helping the general public with a huge variety of problems and being responsible for the recuperation of millions of pounds for those with financial disputes.
Enquiries with front end staff at individual CAB offices will be dealt with by trained volunteers. These volunteers are trained up to deal with the normal everyday phone calls and problems that they can expect to encounter. The training is ongoing so that they are equipped to handle the current trends. Only by going further down the line would you encounter those specialized to deal with specific problems such as timeshare and these are the people who would signpost you to specialized bodies.
Obviously we can see from the links I have posted that the scope of the CABx is huge and it would be impossible to train volunteers in all aspects of the work of the CABx. Many volunteers are part time while studying for qualifications to go into the legal and public sectors and it is work experience for them and also something for their CVs.  The trend is that they do a year or so and then move on into mainstream employment.
 If you have concerns over their performance you should contact the chief officer of your local branch and voice your concerns and suggest possible solutions. After all, criticism is meaningless as a negativity but is well worth while and will often be listened to if it is done positively, particularly if accompanied with possible solutions.
tomeluk

Offline Kevscar

• View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 10, 2013, 04:39:18 »
. After all, criticism is meaningless as a negativity

and yet you go around criticising people on here without even having the guts to name them

Offline Mavo

• Supporting Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 10, 2013, 09:17:42 »
. After all, criticism is meaningless as a negativity

and yet you go around criticising people on here without even having the guts to name them

I currently have no wish to take my warning further and name and shame.
  It is so very easy to take a single phrase out of someones post and use it to suit ones own aims and goals.
And to show you just how easy it is to use a phrase from others to ones own purpose;
You asked me to "put up or shut up" Having achieved my aim of warning consumers about acting on misinformation, I decided to take your advice - I shut up.
tomeluk

Offline Kevscar

• View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 10, 2013, 17:53:55 »
no you're still posting in the thread,

Offline Mavo

• Supporting Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 10, 2013, 19:28:05 »
no you're still posting in the thread,

Not about the incorrect info or what you seem to, so badly, want to know. lol

I was simply responding to another post and helping by explaining how CABx works and posting links as to how best to find the timeshare information on the CABx website as the other poster did not seem to be able to successfully negotiate that website in order to ascertain for himself that CABx did in fact signpost consumers to TATOC.

With respect. You really do need to keep pace with the posts and take on board their content rather than simply making flippant remarks.
tomeluk

Offline martyboy02

• View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 10, 2013, 21:57:12 »
Thnaks for that Mavo.

Well Martyboy, it seems that there is nobody left for you to trust and the entire blame for the ills you have experienced at Anfi seem to be the fault of Anfi and anybody else that you can connect in some way or another. Now it seems that the Citizens Advice Bureaux are to be mistrusted for signposting consumers to RDO and a variety of other consumer and even government led bodies and so they are mistrusted by implication, despite a record of over 70 years experience helping the general public with a huge variety of problems and being responsible for the recuperation of millions of pounds for those with financial disputes.
Enquiries with front end staff at individual CAB offices will be dealt with by trained volunteers. These volunteers are trained up to deal with the normal everyday phone calls and problems that they can expect to encounter. The training is ongoing so that they are equipped to handle the current trends. Only by going further down the line would you encounter those specialized to deal with specific problems such as timeshare and these are the people who would signpost you to specialized bodies.
Obviously we can see from the links I have posted that the scope of the CABx is huge and it would be impossible to train volunteers in all aspects of the work of the CABx. Many volunteers are part time while studying for qualifications to go into the legal and public sectors and it is work experience for them and also something for their CVs.  The trend is that they do a year or so and then move on into mainstream employment.
 If you have concerns over their performance you should contact the chief officer of your local branch and voice your concerns and suggest possible solutions. After all, criticism is meaningless as a negativity but is well worth while and will often be listened to if it is done positively, particularly if accompanied with possible solutions.

The CABs do good work for the country as a whole, pointing people towards the RDO (which I wasn't) i dont believe is the best decision. All the RDO wanted from me was more money.

What is the point of this exchange of pearls of wisdom when at the end of the day if Timeshare Companies arent going to play by the rules and respond to requestd for information from CABs, Trading Standards, Clients etc.

Bring in licensing for timeshare companies and operatives, change the burden of proof to probability, stricter penalties.

Its time for people to stop hearing and start listening, stop pontificating and start serious action for change.

Offline Mavo

• Supporting Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 10, 2013, 22:13:32 »
Thnaks for that Mavo.

The CABs do good work for the country as a whole, pointing people towards the RDO (which I wasn't) i dont believe is the best decision. All the RDO wanted from me was more money.

What is the point of this exchange of pearls of wisdom when at the end of the day if Timeshare Companies arent going to play by the rules and respond to requestd for information from CABs, Trading Standards, Clients etc.

Bring in licensing for timeshare companies and operatives, change the burden of proof to probability, stricter penalties.

Its time for people to stop hearing and start listening, stop pontificating and start serious action for change.

CABx signposts consumers with timeshare problems to a variety of organizations so that they as consumers can contact a number of organizations who may or may not be able to help with their problems. Not all timeshare issues are about mis-selling or extricating users from the contracts that they initially sign and the reason that CABx do mention RDO is probably that they have been of some assistance to CABx customers at times.
 Just because they were of no help to you does not mean that they have not been of help to others.
tomeluk

Offline lawnmower60

• View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 11, 2013, 16:25:19 »
Can anyone explain why this topic up to page 18 filled the normal pain but on page 19 seems to have gone widescreen you have to scroll across page to read it other topics seem okay
Brian

Offline Mavo

• Supporting Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: August 11, 2013, 16:41:52 »
Can anyone explain why this topic up to page 18 filled the normal pain but on page 19 seems to have gone widescreen you have to scroll across page to read it other topics seem okay

It`s still in the normal pane for me Brian but I agree it is a lot of a pain.  :D
tomeluk

Offline martyboy02

• View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 11, 2013, 19:26:45 »
Thnaks for that Mavo.

CABx signposts consumers with timeshare problems to a variety of organizations so that they as consumers can contact a number of organizations who may or may not be able to help with their problems. Not all timeshare issues are about mis-selling or extricating users from the contracts that they initially sign and the reason that CABx do mention RDO is probably that they have been of some assistance to CABx customers at times.
 Just because they were of no help to you does not mean that they have not been of help to others.

Wouldn't it be easier for all concerned if there was a one stop shop with legal powers to tackle Timeshare rip off merchants and other queries.

And is there anyone out there who the RDO has represented (Without more financial outlay for the aggrieved) who has walked away 100% happy and not out of pocket. All those I have spoken too with regard to Anfi complaints were all rebuffed by the RDO, perhaps that is why the RDO severed ties with Anfi. Easier to cut off than challenge, I wonder if TATOC will behave in the same manner?

Offline Mavo

• Supporting Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 11, 2013, 20:33:50 »
Thnaks for that Mavo.

Wouldn't it be easier for all concerned if there was a one stop shop with legal powers to tackle Timeshare rip off merchants and other queries.

And is there anyone out there who the RDO has represented (Without more financial outlay for the aggrieved) who has walked away 100% happy and not out of pocket. All those I have spoken too with regard to Anfi complaints were all rebuffed by the RDO, perhaps that is why the RDO severed ties with Anfi. Easier to cut off than challenge, I wonder if TATOC will behave in the same manner?

There is a one stop shop, it is called British justice and as our government is responsible for making the rules and laws that the justice system works with I suggest that you ask them as opposed to me.

Re the RDO  I also suggest that you ask them as I have never had any dealings or rhetoric with them.

To my knowledge Anfi have never been accepted by TATOC and are not affiliated in any way.

As you can see you are directing your displeasures in entirely the wrong direction but it just may be that if RDO and TATOC are not holding out the hands of friendship to Anfi?  Then your decision to buy into Anfi was possibly not a particularly wise one.  Being as that it was you who made that decision then you cannot apportion blame on RDO, TATOC, OFT, CABx British Justice, the timeshare industry in general, a variety of Government bodies or anyone else who happens to be under your pin when it lands.

tomeluk

Offline martyboy02

• View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 11, 2013, 21:45:35 »
Thnaks for that Mavo.

There is a one stop shop, it is called British justice and as our government is responsible for making the rules and laws that the justice system works with I suggest that you ask them as opposed to me.

Re the RDO  I also suggest that you ask them as I have never had any dealings or rhetoric with them.

To my knowledge Anfi have never been accepted by TATOC and are not affiliated in any way.

As you can see you are directing your displeasures in entirely the wrong direction but it just may be that if RDO and TATOC are not holding out the hands of friendship to Anfi?  Then your decision to buy into Anfi was possibly not a particularly wise one.  Being as that it was you who made that decision then you cannot apportion blame on RDO, TATOC, OFT, CABx British Justice, the timeshare industry in general, a variety of Government bodies or anyone else who happens to be under your pin when it lands.

I have never suggested that Anfi are or ever have been members of TATOC. I know from experience how the RDO works and where their interest lay.

Please inform me of when PACE 1984, Common Law or any other English/Scottish Statute were accepted in a Spanish Court?

I fully appreciate that there is pan European legislation and this needs vigerous enforcement.

Yes it was my decision to buy at Anfi, no one need remind me of that, I have to live with it. (Mavo is sounding like the RDO, that was one of thier lines). What I bought into wasn't what I was being sold. SIMPLY i dont want others falling into the same trap and if they do, the law and other agencies to support then and hold wrong doers to account. Industry watch dogs and trade associations to be more proactive and invest time and resources into exposing ALL the bad guys and less back slapping and posing for glossy pics in there brochures or quarterly publications.

Offline Mavo

• Supporting Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 11, 2013, 22:04:30 »

Quote. "I have never suggested that Anfi are or ever have been members of TATOC."

"Anfi complaints were all rebuffed by the RDO, perhaps that is why the RDO severed ties with Anfi. Easier to cut off than challenge, I wonder if TATOC will behave in the same manner?"

My apologies for my assumption that you were trying to connect Anfi to TATOC in some way.

"Easier to cut off than to challenge" -- I bet I use that again when TATOC are accused by some of harbouring rogue developers for the small amount of financial contributions they bring to the helpline.

* Do not get me involved in the crazy world of EU legislation - Ours is crazy enough for me.

tomeluk

GoogleTagged