Sponsored Link

The Club Select Website

Offline Doggy50k

• Senior Moderator & Quiz Master
    • View Profile
The Club Select Website
« on: January 04, 2010, 07:16:11 »
I was until recently unaware of the existence of the website below (I may have missed it in some publicity material) - anyway, it certainly appears to be quite useful as it provides a selection of non-diamond resorts, and you can either use your points or pay cash instead.

https://select.diamondresorts.com/ResvSearch.aspx
"You know; the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."

Offline daviddwells

• View Profile
The Club Select Website
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 08:53:06 »
Hi Doggy50k

DRI informed me of this option via email and I think it is only advertised in this manner, so perhaps you need to check that they have your emaill address and that you have selected to receive emails from them.

Regards
David

Offline hercules

• View Profile
The Club Select Website
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 20:04:24 »
Select is a new sales technique being used by DRI to get more members on board, say I owned a one bed apartment in Cyprus they would value it at say 6000 points, as long as I agreed to buy 3000 points from DRI I would then be a member and pay my own management fees on the apartment + 3,000 points MF to DRI but if in one year I did not want to use the Cyprus apartment they would give me the member an additional 6,000 points plus their 3,000 points that year to use and DRI would let the Cyprus apartment through DRI Select to members for cash or points with no exchange fee.

Offline acer

• View Profile
Re: The Club Select Website
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 16:40:03 »
The latest sales technique is to value your weeks timeshare as points and 'give' you another 10,000 points per year for 5 years.  They omit to tell you that there is a charge for these points.  The points valuation for the timeshare weeks are not equivalent to exchanging the weeks, so you will probably end up needing to use the additional points.  The points can be carried forward to the next year or points can be 'borrowed' from the next year.

Points can also be banked with Interval International - Platinum membership is mentioned - then denied!  Free of charge is included the opportunity to book cheap hotels through a special scheme.   All this can be obtained for a joining / membership fee of £4995.  Anyone wishing to take up this opportunity, please form an orderly queue!!

ff
ff

GoogleTagged