Sponsored Link

Official Resale Agents appointed by DRI

Offline Mavo

• View Profile
« on: March 09, 2010, 14:46:45 »
As lobbied for at every opportunity by numerous contributors to the DRI section of these forums it has finally come about.

Forward thinking DRI have launched a resale program

The agents appointed are The Travel and Leisure Group http://www.travelandleisure.co.uk

The Travel and Leisure Group are highly respected within the industry and have the endorsement of the trade bodies.

I have not yet got full details of the resale program but will post further as details are revealed.
tomeluk

Offline Cogland

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 19:57:48 »
Hopefully the start of a process that will ensure an orderly and more profitable means of leaving the club for those who can no longer enjoy their membership.

Offline Mavo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 20:38:41 »
I don`t think that anybody who has researched timeshare before entering in to it expects or anticipates any "profit".
 If we can, at the stage when we are ready, move it on to someone who can make better use of the product, who in turn can then use the product until such times as they can no longer make good use of it and thus pass it on themselves. Then that product has perpetual use and benefit to the purchaser(s) and the developer.
You then have a worthwhile product driven by both the customer and the producer/manufacturer/developer.
tomeluk

Offline Cogland

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 19:54:50 »
Sorry it was a poor word to choose.

What I hope for myself is that when members can no longer enjoy their membership for whatever reason they can sell it on without too many problems for something.

If these points are to be resold as second user points they would have to be at a  good discount to attract buyers but I cannot speculate because we do not know the details yet.

Hopefully this will be the start of something that will make the club stronger.

For my part I hope ( God willing) to have many years use of my own points but when the time comes when I can no longer use them I hope that it is a simple solution to sell them on and if I get a modest return that would be a bonus after all the holidays I have already enjoyed.

Offline TokyoJoe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 23:53:25 »
I wonder if the resale agent will restore the value of these resale points to full worldwide DRI points that would surely attract more potential purchasers and a higher potential resale value ?

Offline seasiders1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 21:49:14 »
Realistically, i think we have now reached a point where regardless of them being dirty points, there is no resle value. The ability to offload these points to someone else is reward enough in my opinion, in order to relinquish any further liabilities. Depending on what you want out of the club even dirty points are of use especially when you retire and wish to spend 3 months or more abroad in Spain for a fraction of the cost to a non member. I see little benefit in using them for any of the benefits as they are so weighted in the clubs favour, that you would be better off purchasing the same outside the club, so would only really lose out on the variety of resorts you can book.

I feel i am in the minority, but never thought they would have a resale value from the minute i bought in, and cannot see the appointment of an agent changing this, it will just help shift them for you. Timeshare is surely an investment in holidays, secure in the knowledge that the standard of accomodation is guaranteed, and you holiday with people who have similar wishes and values. Anything in addition to this can only be a bonus.

Offline Cogland

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2010, 20:48:47 »
Until we know the full details its going to be difficult to say. If the points have no value at all what would be the points of having a resale agent.

Offline daviddwells

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 11:11:22 »
Taken off the DRI Forum this morning:

http://www.diamondresortsforums.com/Topic9857-46-1.aspx [nofollow]

"The Founder Member is pleased to announce the appointment of The Travel & Leisure Group as an authorized third party reseller for member points.

The Travel & Leisure Group will be happy to assist you in selling your points and have authority to arrange sales on your behalf to other EU Collection members and non members.

Should you wish to sell your points using their services, you may contact them on 0800 988 7168 or submit an enquiry form on their website at www.travelandleisure.co.uk [nofollow]. The Travel & Leisure Group will discuss points resale options with you directly and will be able to assist you throughout the process.

Please note in order to start this process all maintenance fees must be up to date. Also, we must advise that at this time, in accordance with the Articles, The Travel & Leisure Group is the only authorized reseller for members of the European Collection.

U.K. Moderator | Diamond Resorts International® | Tel: +44 (0)845 359 0010 (Mon - Thu 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM, Fri 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM)"

Regards
David

Offline Cogland

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2010, 19:25:24 »
Well its all very interesting. It looks like it is now possible to sell to none members but as ever the details are important. Is the price to sell at decided by the member or the resale company? Do non members have to pay any separate "admission" if they buy these points. Do points sold through the Authorised resale agents become "clean" points that give the new owner the same rights as those buying new?
Anyone from Diamond able to comment?

Offline Mavo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2010, 10:47:23 »
quote:
Originally posted by Cogland

Well its all very interesting. It looks like it is now possible to sell to none members but as ever the details are important. Is the price to sell at decided by the member or the resale company? Do non members have to pay any separate "admission" if they buy these points. Do points sold through the Authorised resale agents become "clean" points that give the new owner the same rights as those buying new?
Anyone from Diamond able to comment?

The European officials of Diamond do not normally comment on timesharetalk as the club has a members forum on their official website. I would suggest you ask these questions on there.
tomeluk

Offline Cogland

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2010, 13:43:03 »
No worries. I thought I had seen one or two postings from DRI people but perhaps its the US site of a similar name.

Offline Carolinian

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2010, 09:07:08 »
This sounds like a step forward.  Hopefully all of the details will work out to be in members favor.

Offline scillyme

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2010, 21:44:26 »
I spoke to Travel and Leisure today. was told - puchaser pays legal and transfer fees and Tavel and leisure's comission of 5%. It's free to reister. To advertise - £50 DRI website,£50 Travel and Leisure website. They reckoned 45p - 50p per point but owner can set their own price. Price will not be shown on the web site so I don't know if it will be in T and L's interest to sell cheap or expensive points first and how willpuchaser know whether they are paying above the asking price to make more profit for the company. Perhaps I misunderstood that bit. There has been lots of interest but of, it's too soon to know what the uptake will be.
Please can someone explain 'dirty points'?
 Also, apologies for repeat ( I have asked elswhere on forum but no response) how do I post a new topic? I'm doing something wrong ( probably very basic) but I keep getting  an error message with mention of syntax amongst lots of other stuff. Is this computer language or to do with use of English? There was no code to fill in- could this be the problem and how do I sort it out?

Offline Boss Man

• The Boss Man
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2010, 07:43:53 »
Scillyme,

There were a few problems last night so it was not you.

Offline daviddwells

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2010, 16:51:12 »
Scillyme

Dirty points, or secondhand points purchased from another member to use the correct term, have the following restrictions in use:

They can only be used to book accommodation in the European Collection
They can't be used for either US Collection
They can't be use to book affiliated resorts
They can't be used for Diamond Selections options
They don't count towards elite tier membership

Regards
David

Offline scillyme

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2010, 19:14:35 »
Many thanks for the explanation David, next I need to know  what resetting the cookies does, and why the need to do it. I know how to delete them, but reset??? ! Also, what difference , if any, does it make to include signature. Sorry, I'm turning this into a computer familiarisation session. Guess it should be in a general forum, so feel free to move it if that's possible.

GoogleTagged