Sponsored Link

selling holiday points

Offline katian

• View Profile
selling holiday points
« on: August 26, 2010, 17:13:32 »
I have tried to sell points and was scammed but got money back.
I'm looking for a reputable company to sell points to.
Anyone help me to find one

Offline Mavo

• View Profile
selling holiday points
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 10:20:42 »
quote:
Originally posted by katian

I have tried to sell points and was scammed but got money back.
I'm looking for a reputable company to sell points to.
Anyone help me to find one

DRI will not sanction the sale of your points to any company.
 You may sell your points to another member or put them up for sale with Travel & Leisure who are the only authorised resellers but they will not buy them off you.

There is a sales and rental section on these forums or you could post an advertise sale on the Diamond Resorts Section in the same place as you have put the above post.
 The sales market is very flat at the moment though so do not hold your breath for an immediate sale.
tomeluk

Offline Doggy50k

• Senior Moderator & Quiz Master
    • View Profile
selling holiday points
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 07:28:17 »
Hi

It is probably more than a little flat at the moment.  I have see posts offering a lot of points for free including having the MF's paid for next year.

Is the official resale company an option?  Have you tried going through DRI themselves?
"You know; the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."

Offline Mavo

• View Profile
selling holiday points
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 08:58:12 »
quote:
Originally posted by Doggy50k

Hi

It is probably more than a little flat at the moment.  I have see posts offering a lot of points for free including having the MF's paid for next year.

Is the official resale company an option?  Have you tried going through DRI themselves?

This time of the year people begin to think about next year and their financial commitments to holidays and as it gets nearer to Christmas the likelyhood of selling points decreases.
I do feel that if people learn to use their points more efficiently then they represent great value but for some it is the change of personal circumstances and an unsure future which forces them to sell up - if they can.
tomeluk

Offline Cogland

• View Profile
selling holiday points
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 19:22:03 »
If you possibly can its best to hold on to them for better times  whenever that may be. If you are not using them consider booking some good weeks at a popular resort and rent them out to defer your costs. You are unlikely to recover all your fees this way because many resorts are available to rent on the internet for less than many members pay in fees but its a better option than doing nothing.
Yes you could try Travel and Leisure but I am told they ask for 150 upfront for advertising. When I looked on the T&L Website it was swamped with points for sale so
I think your 150 would be wasted and I may be wrong but I dont think the 150 is a one off until the points are sold I think you have to pay further amounts for advertising if the points remain unsold. If I am wrong apologies to T&L but this is what I have read elsewhere. To sell through T&L your fees must be up to date.
Finally I agree with Doggy50K its likely that you will have to give your points away if you are desperate to get rid and I have also seen points offered for nothing with fees paid and even a few offering to pay the transfer fee as well.
Its a real problem that DRI need to resolve because the lack of a proper exit policy is driving decent people into the hands of the crooks who run the ever increasing number of scam companies some of which seem very plausible as you have found.

GoogleTagged