Sponsored Link

RCI trading power points

Offline Willself

• View Profile
Re: RCI trading power points
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2011, 09:21:03 »
Exactly!! How mad is that?? Now with DaE..you could own a studio. in Bulgaria..and Exchange that, for a 2 Bed  on the Costa-del-Sol. Mainland Spain..or anywhere else for that matter!! How Good is that??

Offline Suebe

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2011, 18:36:39 »
Hi Sue

A week 29 2 bed at Marina Del Sol is 31 pts for 2011 and 2012   (apt 114)
A week 29 2 bed at Las Farolas is 30 pts for 2011 and 2012   (apt AV-2D)
A week 29 2 bed at Las Faroles Royale is 37 pts for 2011 and 2012  (apt LFR02)

Willie

Thanks for that. Very useful.
Sue
Sue B

Offline Owner12yrs

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2011, 17:37:30 »
 :( having owned timeshare at royal sunset beach club Tenerife  for nearly 13yrs and in Florida for 6 hrs, I am becoming very disillusioned. We've had some great exchanges over the years. In more recent years it has become more and more limited for choice & like for like exchanges. Now with the introduction of this trading power scheme it feels like another con just to get more money from us. I banked 2weeks before this scheme was launched so expected to be able to exchange in normal manner. I now find one of the weeks have only been graded at 5 , no use at all for an exchange unless I pay for the privilege of combining with other weeks at the cost of¬£65 on top of the exchange fee. My Florida resort is points with HIVC, at the moment I seem to have more choice exchanging through them & slightly cheaper. I've looked DAE but until more of us join to make more viable then limited currently.perhaps if there was a mass exodus they would rethink this approach.

Offline fastal909

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2011, 20:57:51 »
AS i said earlier in a post RCI are ripping us off big time.We should all leave.

Offline flygirl

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2011, 16:52:00 »
AS i said earlier in a post RCI are ripping us off big time.We should all leave.

That is what I am thinking.  I have summer weeks at Stouts Hill and Broome Park.  Neither gets what it used to since RCI went to this new system.  They have undervalued both resorts compared to what they used to trade for.  I think I will call the resorts and ask that they join II.

Has anyone ever heard of something called UKRE?

Offline Willself

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2011, 19:30:26 »
FLYGIRL...

Absolutely!! They cater for UK Exchanges, and Now..further afield.....Personally, 1 prefer DaE..

That said, 1 mostly Holiday Abroad..

Offline flygirl

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2011, 13:05:26 »
FLYGIRL...

Absolutely!! They cater for UK Exchanges, and Now..further afield.....Personally, 1 prefer DaE..

That said, 1 mostly Holiday Abroad..

I like what I see about how DAE operates and they seem to be highly regarded on these boards.  I want to look at all my options.  Can you tell me a little more about  UKRE?  I do not seem to see much about them on this site.

Offline Simoncc

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2011, 12:46:07 »
I must be one of the few members on here disappointed by DAE.

I joined the Gold membership scheme last year and wanted a 2 bed school holiday week in Scotland - not a sniff of an exchange even though the unit I would have deposited is the same type/season,just a couple of weeks earlier.

Willself regularly makes a virtue out of DAE's policy of 'anything in gets anything out' but if all the good stuff is snatched up by owners of out of season, unpopular resorts then what incentive is there for the owners of high demand weeks to make a deposit?

Offline Carolinian

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2011, 15:04:27 »
Two of the biggest incentives to use ANY other exchange companies are 1) RCI's policies of renting out prime exchange deposits to the general public (I would like at least a fellow timeshare exchanger to get them, NOT the general public as a rental), and 2) RCI's new Points Lite ''enhancements'' of Weeks that have devalued many timeshare weeks, especially in the UK.  My two summer UK weeks which in the old RCI Weeks system used to trade better than my summer NC Outer Banks week, now get only about 2/3 of the points lite of that Outer Banks week.  That's why I now split them between DAE and SFX and RCI will not see them again as deposits.

Offline Simoncc

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2011, 12:27:41 »
RCI do seem to want to destroy their long term business model.

Unlike Carolinian, I am a fan of the RCI Points system but good quality availability is undeniably going down. In my opinion this is either because of RCI renting out the best units and/or members are becoming disillusioned with the exchange opportunities and are not depositing their best weeks.

Either way, if not addressed RCI could quickly find themselves losing a siazeable chunk of their membership.

Offline confusedabouttimeshare

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2011, 14:42:29 »
We have noticed a lot of our resale buyers are buying an exact timeshare resort and week that they have been looking for sometime.  They tell us they simply want to holiday at this resort at that time of year which is fine.  However when we mention exchanging a greater number of customers seem to say no we don't want to join an exchange company.  I guess they have other plans for other holidays but this also maybe a reason why not so many weeks are being deposited with the exchange companies.    ;D
Confused About Timeshare, The timeshare resale company

www.confusedabouttimeshare.co.uk

Offline timesharerUK

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2011, 14:21:32 »
We own a summer week during the school holidays at Broome Park.  Our unit is one of the largest there, and this is a resort in much demand, with far too few deposits, so it is often not availibile at all.  Summer is a large unit is almost impossible to trade into.  The points we were assigned were way too low, so RCI will never get our week now.  The whole resort was nicked badly on these new points, something that I have noticed at other English resorts, too.

Maybe we need to get management to switch to II.

Offline Simoncc

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2011, 14:45:04 »
We own a summer week during the school holidays at Broome Park.  Our unit is one of the largest there, and this is a resort in much demand, with far too few deposits, so it is often not availibile at all.  Summer is a large unit is almost impossible to trade into.  The points we were assigned were way too low, so RCI will never get our week now. 

As a fellow RCI member I'm sad to see a potential UK summer exchange drop out of the system  :'( .
However, I wonder if the new Points lite has actually changed the exchange options for you or simply highlighted an imbalance that was already there? If, thanks to the transparency of the Points system,  many RCI members are now aware that the exchange options for their week do not appear fair then it may eventually force RCI to improve their system.

This is probably a naive hope and it is likely that RCI will continue someway on their current path before they realise the damage they are doing to their long term business model. 

Offline timesharerUK

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2011, 20:00:46 »
We looked at actual trades we have made in the past with our week and at weeks that used to be availible for exchange as an even trade, and many of those now take more trading power points than what RCI gives for our deposit.  That indicates that they have downgraded its trading power which makes no sense.

Offline Willself

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2011, 20:46:17 »
Simoncc.

Granted, you have a point..if you own a highly prized week...other than exchange  it, on a personal level.
between other members,  without the need to Bank it.. the options, are limited..that said, just seen a
3 Bed Spanish Finca available this month July! available to exchange..Re;DaE..which no other network
Offers..Perhaps thats the way forward..bring in more alternatives, more family friendly Accommodations.

Online Morpheus

• Supporting Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2011, 22:19:40 »
Simoncc.

Granted, you have a point..if you own a highly prized week...other than exchange  it, on a personal level.
between other members,  without the need to Bank it.. the options, are limited..that said, just seen a
3 Bed Spanish Finca available this month July! available to exchange..Re;DaE..which no other network
Offers..Perhaps thats the way forward..bring in more alternatives, more family friendly Accommodations.

I think you are right there.

DaE offer not only timeshare properties but privately owned properties that are available for rent - the owners use DaE to exchange these weeks just like timeshare owners do (including ourselves being honest).

A lot of these properties appear to be in areas with no timeshare alternatives, or just a different type of accommodation.
Long time member of MORPS (www.morps.org [nofollow]) the RCI Points owners group.
Experienced timesharer

If you LIKE the advice any member gives, please feel free to click the "APPLAUD" by their name and details on the left. It makes us feel valued.

Offline Willself

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2011, 08:17:04 »
Morpheus.

One advantage lol is....No one knocks on your door lol..at ungodly hours Ha Ha!!

Offline redstater

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2011, 13:18:06 »
I have been given a max 15 points for my 1 Bed 2 bathroom unit at Hollywood Mirage Club Tenerife for to exchange..

On the RCI site you need 17 points for the same unit to exchange into,also a studio unit has been given the same trading power points
Do you think this is fair.

Definitely not!  Much of what RCI does with its numbers these days is not at all fair.

Offline fastal909

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2011, 14:16:08 »
Just recieved RCI Holiday Magazine.Inside it states that the minimum points you need to get into the Hollywood Mirage Club for an exchange is 18pts.I own 2 weeks there and RCI have awarded my 2 weeks 15pts each weeks 28 and 29 in a one bed two bathroom.Talk about being ripped off,for me to exchange into my own resort i would have to combine my 2 weeks to get one week at another time of year if i wanted to exchange back into the resort.Goodbye RCI

Offline lawnmower60

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2011, 19:48:48 »
Fastal909 have you really got two bathrooms in your one bed apartment
Just recieved RCI Holiday Magazine.Inside it states that the minimum points you need to get into the Hollywood Mirage Club for an exchange is 18pts.I own 2 weeks there and RCI have awarded my 2 weeks 15pts each weeks 28 and 29 in a one bed two bathroom.Talk about being ripped off,for me to exchange into my own resort i would have to combine my 2 weeks to get one week at another time of year if i wanted to exchange back into the resort.Goodbye RCI
Brian

GoogleTagged