Broadband from £5.99 a month with an included wireless router when you sign up to Plusnet - terms apply
'
Sponsored Link

Silverpoint Vacation Club

Offline Boss Man

• The Boss Man
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Silverpoint Vacation Club
« on: January 05, 2011, 21:42:43 »
Well it appears that Markus Deutsch of Silverpoint Group Holdings has completed the purchase of assets from Resort Properties Group and Mr Bob Trotta will be taking a back seat.

Mr. Robert T. Trotta, founder of Resort Properties Group, who remains active in various business, investment, and charitable activities around the world, has stepped down from his day to day involvement with Silverpoint related assets in Europe. He will remain a non-executive director of the company until such time that the staged buy-out is completed.

Mr. Deutsch has spent a number of months negotiating the acquisition of several assets from Resort Properties Group under a staged purchase agreement. Several members of the existing management team of Resort Properties Group, and related entities, are part of the buy-in group. All of the executive and operational management of the Group will continue with Silverpoint Group Holding and its various subsidiaries.

Offline Kathetar

• View Profile
Re: Silverpoint Vacation Club
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 15:07:51 »
Boss Man - this is good news or bad news for those having dealings with Resort Properties - they are the group out in Tenerife selling Hollywood Mirage, Palm Beach Club, Beverley Hills Club etc aren't they?

Offline backagain

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 14:45:21 »
I am trying to find out information about this as we have been conned into buying two (they tried to get us to buy 25, insisting that it was not pyramid selling).

They said they would take our timeshare off our hands that we had in Portugal and if we have the two apartments, a studio that would give us enough points for us to up grade every year to a 1 bed apartment, the other is a 1 bed duplex which we were told he guaranteed he would sell to pay off the studio, instead we are lumbered with both and the maintenace fees are so high that people are not interested because they can get package holidays for cheaper.

You would have thought that if Resort Properties were bought out then we would have recieved some sort of letter to inform us of the changes.  I have great concerns as I have tried several time to email them but my emails come back as undeliverable.

Can anyone please tell me what is going on???

Offline Silverpoint CS

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 10:07:30 »
The Silverpoint Customer Service department is keen to answer any questions regarding the Silverpoint Vacation Club or the recent acquisition of the Resort Properties Group’s assets.  We would also welcome enquiries from any current owners who would like to know more about how these recent developments affect them.

Talk to us in person

The Customer Service Centre is situated at the Hollywood Mirage Club in Tenerife. The office is open Monday to Friday from 9.30am until 4.30pm.

By telephone

Please call our Customer Service Department on 0800 949 6035. Lines are open between 9.00am and 5.00pm Monday to Friday.

Offline backagain

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 07:42:38 »
Had a private message from silverpoint vacation club, have looked at sites advised and it seems to me that it is the same website as RCI when you search for a holiday.

I trealy does not say anything about the takeover....nor have I yet recieved the promised letter from Silverpoint explaining the takeover.

All a lot of us would like to know is if we feel we have been miss sold a week can we give it back to Silverpoint.

Offline Big Traveler

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 13:27:25 »
Hi Guys,

I must say I was worried when I bought a package of holidays from them in September 2010. I have just returned from our holiday in Malta where I was totally blown away with how good the hotel was! I am a seasoned traveler and always look for the good deals associated with 4/5* holidays and would recommend Silverpoint holidays. My husband is now booking our next holiday to Mexico and we have had Moon Palace agreed for 2 weeks in September.  8)

Offline Norm de Plume

• Retired Barrister
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 14:48:13 »
Big Traveler (sic) - a male according to his profile, referring to his "husband"?
If you have found the advice I have given useful and I have saved you some money, perhaps you would like to make a donation to the Prostate Cancer Charity, mentioning my name. (www.prostate-cancer.org.uk)

Offline Morpheus

• Supporting Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 15:19:21 »
Big Traveler (sic) - a male according to his profile, referring to his "husband"?

I am always dubious of "one post wonders" and their praise for outfits on here.

A lot of people had hoped that Silverpoint were better than that, so possibly the Big Traveler is genuine. Yes? No?
Long time member of MORPS (www.morps.org [nofollow]) the RCI Points owners group.
Experienced timesharer

If you LIKE the advice any member gives, please feel free to click the "APPLAUD" by their name and details on the left. It makes us feel valued.

Offline truthseeker

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2011, 14:33:23 »
This post has nothing to do with Silverpoint !
Just dont know where to start as Iam new !
Without sounding stupid could you advise me on a few things
1, What is an OPC and what are their directives
2,Timeshare Marketing companies what are their directives
3,what is a fly buy

Offline Big Traveler

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2011, 09:58:25 »

I am sorry but my name is Kathleen and I signed up to this forum as I bought the Silverpoint product recently and used the holidays. I was very happy with my purchase! I may have filled in the form incorrectly whilst signing up to the forum as my baby was screaming whilst I signed up.

Kath

Offline Big Traveler

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2011, 10:15:04 »

A lot of people had hoped that Silverpoint were better than that, so possibly the Big Traveler is genuine. Yes? No?

May I please answer two things here..... Firstly, I am genuine! Secondly, I did not offer total praise and was at first worried about my purchase. I did however say that I had taken a holiday with Silverpoint and was VERY impressed with both the quality and service received. I ALWAYS use Trip Advisor when returning from holiday and came across this forum when I entered Silverpoint holidays in Google.

Unfortunately there are many people in life who only use forums to complain, I however use them to pass on what I think is important information and unbiased opinions.

I hope this clears up any "dubious one post wonder" comments.

Kath :D

Offline Norm de Plume

• Retired Barrister
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2011, 10:34:19 »
Thanks for coming back on this.  You can understand our scepticism.
If you have found the advice I have given useful and I have saved you some money, perhaps you would like to make a donation to the Prostate Cancer Charity, mentioning my name. (www.prostate-cancer.org.uk)

Offline Morpheus

• Supporting Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2011, 11:13:47 »

May I please answer two things here..... Firstly, I am genuine! Secondly, I did not offer total praise and was at first worried about my purchase. I did however say that I had taken a holiday with Silverpoint and was VERY impressed with both the quality and service received. I ALWAYS use Trip Advisor when returning from holiday and came across this forum when I entered Silverpoint holidays in Google.

Unfortunately there are many people in life who only use forums to complain, I however use them to pass on what I think is important information and unbiased opinions.

I hope this clears up any "dubious one post wonder" comments.

Kath :D

Hi Kath

Obviously you are one of the rare genuine recommenders.

Excuse my initial scepticism, but we get two or three posters a month who praise some outfit we have worked out is a scam, then vanish. Often they are dumb enough to even use a PC in the office of the very company we are discussing ....

We owned in Beverly Hills from 1988 until last summer, and were very happy owners. Latterly, however, the maintenance fees got too high for us so we sold out.

I am glad that there is positive feedback on Silverpoint as there was little positive comment on the "previous company" on here.
Long time member of MORPS (www.morps.org [nofollow]) the RCI Points owners group.
Experienced timesharer

If you LIKE the advice any member gives, please feel free to click the "APPLAUD" by their name and details on the left. It makes us feel valued.

Offline robert.grant63

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2011, 11:21:28 »
Hi
just had a call this morning from someone form 'timeshare {banned word/phrase}'.
the guy knew all about the takeover and stated Resort Properties has been overcharging maintenance fees for years and TOA is initiating a 'class action' on a 'no win no fee basis' to get some money back for owners. he praised silverpoint for its lower maintenance fees as evidence of previous overcharging.

I cannot see how such an action would be successful, as fees are determined each year and owners agree to pay. any excess goes into reserves.

he got a bit p****d off and bascially put the phone down.

anyone heard of such an action and where it is leading to?

ps - dont know why the banned word or phrase has appeared - backwards it reads 'srenwo noitca'........
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 11:24:20 by robert.grant63 »

Offline Morpheus

• Supporting Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2011, 11:56:44 »
SCAM

Re***t Pr****ties had NOTHING to do with the maintenance, it is (I think) XL Hotels and the owners committee.

Given that RP went bust, what benefit would a "class action" have against a closed company?

But I bet some poor sods fall for it and pay money up front to join this one.

Experienced timesharer

Offline Billyboy

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2011, 22:49:57 »
Last time I stayed in Palm Beach Club I received  a phone call inviting me down for a chat about maintenance from "customer services".  I asked are you from reception ? No no from "customer services".  I played along these lines for a while and then I asked are you from ?e???? ?r???????? and she slowly said -yes. i said that  ?e???? ?r???????? have nothing to do with maintenance and the reply was a big silence!

I found that crowd comical!

I know they have sold out-are they gone broke?

regards,
billyboy.

Offline Silverpoint CS

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2011, 13:15:15 »
Silverpoint is a global leisure brand with a portfolio of boutique style hotels, incredible holiday resorts, luxury timeshare, Explorer programs and fractional developments in many countries worldwide. Silverpoint has created an amazing Vacation Club, with its own travel agency and personal concierge. This Vacation Club not only offers greater flexibility but is committed to providing the best leisure products through a genuine regard for the consumer. 

Silverpoint’s main objective is obtaining value for money for your holiday ownership as well as maintaining the Service Fees at an affordable level – in line with those decisions taken by both Silverpoint and the Owners Committee in 2010 for the 2011 fees.

The Silverpoint Customer Service department is keen to answer any questions about the annual Service Fees, that are set by the Owners Committee, or any other queries you may have about the recent acquisition of Resort Properties.

The Silverpoint Customer Service Centre is situated at the Hollywood Mirage Club in Tenerife.  The office is open Monday to Friday between 9.00am and 5.00pm.  Please call 0800 949 6035.

GoogleTagged