Sponsored Link

Best Laptop for Going Around the World

Offline dove

• View Profile
Best Laptop for Going Around the World
« on: April 11, 2011, 09:17:36 »
if you had a plan to travel around the world, you might need to wirte travel blogs, burn dvd photo backup to mail home, you don't need an expensive one just small and light, easy to take. which one you will choose?

Offline Morpheus

• Supporting Member
    • View Profile
Re: Best Laptop for Going Around the World
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 09:55:53 »
Well the answer from me may not be what you expect - but is based on what I actually do.

I gave up on standard laptops and use an iPad - upload pictures to it then dump them on Dropbox when I get wifi, do my website and other work on it, and even use logmein to access a desktop running at home.

I see no need for the weight, fragility and complexity of a standard laptop, when the iPad does pretty well everything, and plays movies better!
Long time member of MORPS (www.morps.org [nofollow]) the RCI Points owners group.
Experienced timesharer

If you LIKE the advice any member gives, please feel free to click the "APPLAUD" by their name and details on the left. It makes us feel valued.

Offline confusedabouttimeshare

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 10:34:40 »
I am currently using a small compact Sony Laptop for travel but i am becoming an Apple convert.  Using an iphone these days after jumping ship from the blackberry along with the laptop but I am sure an ipad would be much better lighter, slimmer for travel and would easily sync up with an iphone.  Plus from what I have seen of the ipad the screen quality looks excellent  ;D
Confused About Timeshare, The timeshare resale company

www.confusedabouttimeshare.co.uk

Offline dove

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 02:47:21 »
ipad is good. but what if it was squeezed broken in my backpack. i need a small but CHEAP one. :D

Offline Morpheus

• Supporting Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 09:16:31 »
You can break any gadget - laptop or iPad. Some iPad covers offer greater strength than a laptop can take.

And the original iPad, the version 1, is selling cheap now as the iPad 2 is on sale at the same price points as the previous version. Go grab one (try the Apple refurb store for real deals).
Long time member of MORPS (www.morps.org [nofollow]) the RCI Points owners group.
Experienced timesharer

If you LIKE the advice any member gives, please feel free to click the "APPLAUD" by their name and details on the left. It makes us feel valued.

Offline dove

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 03:23:36 »
i go to amazon to check the Ipad first generation,the price is reasonable but it got no webcam. and i searched on google, there were lots of android 2.2 tablets and they are really cheap.

Offline Morpheus

• Supporting Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 09:06:07 »
Yup - Android tablets are cheap.

But not many can import photos, and there are few (if any) photo editing apps.

You pays your money and you gets your choice.

The fact that the iPad has upwards of 85% of the tablet market is not just marketing, it is down to it doing things well.

I still suggest a refurb iPad 1 is your best option.
Experienced timesharer

Offline confusedabouttimeshare

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 09:45:09 »
If you are going with an ipad it maybe worth checking out the cashback deals that quidco website are offering.  I use this for plenty of onlines purchases and it add's up to more savings and discount!    ;D
Confused About Timeshare, The timeshare resale company

www.confusedabouttimeshare.co.uk

Offline Abrianna

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2013, 10:47:17 »
if you had a plan to travel around the world, you might need to wirte travel blogs, burn dvd photo backup to mail home, you don't need an expensive one just small and light, easy to take. which one you will choose?

I prefer sony is best for all the users at all time and all places.sony provides the best quality sytem and by default it has installed with advance software.

GoogleTagged