Sponsored Link

Shakespeare narrow boats

Offline theadder

• View Profile
Shakespeare narrow boats
« on: June 16, 2011, 20:59:01 »
We have just had a phone call from a very mouthy lady from shakespeare management demanding our maintainance payment by friday june 17th. She told me she was calling in the debt collectors if we haven't paid by then. I know of three other people who have received the same threatening calls and am in telephone contact with another person. Are there any more people in the same position, please let me know, regards the adder.

Offline confusedabouttimeshare

• View Profile
Re: Shakespeare narrow boats
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 15:15:00 »
Hi theadder.........Just trying to understand is this for maintenance fees pertaining to 2011 occupancy/usage or for next year?  :)

Confused About Timeshare, The timeshare resale company

www.confusedabouttimeshare.co.uk

Offline Carolinian

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 07:07:32 »
If this involved 2012 fees, it would be outrageous conduct by the management, but if it involved substantially overdue 2011 fees, it is what one expects if they fail to pay the bill they owe.

Offline theadder

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 11:18:18 »
Thank you Confusedabouttimeshare and Carolinian for your response, our fee's are bi-annualon on a part ownership (yes we were lied to and mis-sold and are contesting that as well) in a narrow boat with Shakespeare Classic Line or whatever they call themselves this week. The invoice is for the period up-to February 1st 2013, yes thats right 2013. I have read elsewhere That Shakespeare are targeting people like me for our 'maintainance money as it is pretty much their only source of income now that their narrow boat sales have dried up. The new time share regulation seems to be working perfectly......lol.

What I was trying to do with my post, was to try to find others in the same situation to dicuss it and cmpare notes.

pete. (the adder)

Offline theadder

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 00:52:01 »
sorry, its up-to january 1st 2013

Offline confusedabouttimeshare

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 11:26:44 »
Hi Pete.......You mention your ownership is bi annual.  Is this an odd or even year occupancy ownership that you have.  Does your timeshare resort bill every year or every other year?  I know from past experience some bi annual ownerships are billed every year but only for 50% of the overall maintenance for the acutal bi annual occupancy year.  I hope that makes sense!

The recent invoice that the resort are chasing is this to cover usage for this year?

Also when they invoiced did they explain due date etc?
Confused About Timeshare, The timeshare resale company

www.confusedabouttimeshare.co.uk

Offline garythestokey

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2011, 09:06:53 »
hello new member to this message board i have come on to/guage opinion/ ask a few questions of anybody else with a Shakespeare Classic Line canal barge timeshare. we purchased1 2007 on the idea that we would use it to get good accomadation on RCI not to use for the barge. cheap way of doing this we thought. well all has gone well until 2 years ago we were asked if we wanted to change to floating weeks from our diannual week  in which case we said NO. well if anyone uses rci the earlier you register/bank/deposit your week with them the best chance of the accomodation you want. banking a max of 2 years in advance been the best chance. well thats worked out great for us so far as we have to look at holiday plans well in advance. But tried to bank a deposit on RCI only to be told by RCI my deposit has been rejected by Shakespeare Classic Line . Been told now by gemma at Shakespeare Classic Line that they can no longer allocate until 12 months before, whats to allocate i have the same biannual week by my contact. 
sorry for the long message but has anybody else had this problem

GoogleTagged