Sponsored Link

Failure to pay maintenace fees

Offline ravenstone

• View Profile
Failure to pay maintenace fees
« on: January 23, 2012, 16:08:01 »
Advice needed on consequences of failing to pay maintenance fees to a resort in the USA. Are they able to seek redress via the UK legal system?

Offline SFX Group

• View Profile
Re: Failure to pay maintenace fees
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 01:59:12 »
This is in the wrong forum.

However, they will forward to a debt collecting agency who will likley get there UK branch to hound you at home, work and phone, then go to a UK court to get an order to allow them to take items you won to cover there fees (then do it again next year).

Offline Carolinian

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 08:02:05 »
This is in the wrong forum.

However, they will forward to a debt collecting agency who will likley get there UK branch to hound you at home, work and phone, then go to a UK court to get an order to allow them to take items you won to cover there fees (then do it again next year).

To avoid confusion, you really should point out that you have no connection to SFX timeshare exchange company.

Online Norm de Plume

• Retired Barrister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 08:04:35 »
Advice needed on consequences of failing to pay maintenance fees to a resort in the USA. Are they able to seek redress via the UK legal system?

It depends upon the terms of the contract.
If you have found the advice I have given useful and I have saved you some money, perhaps you would like to make a donation to the Prostate Cancer Charity, mentioning my name. (www.prostate-cancer.org.uk)

Offline Carolinian

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 05:27:00 »
I can see a lot of practical problems with producing evidence and witnesses for a claim that small at that distance if a defendant were to contest it.

GoogleTagged