Sponsored Link

Any updates on Petchey Leisure?

Offline meercat

• View Profile
Any updates on Petchey Leisure?
« on: August 29, 2012, 14:47:53 »
I see Petchey has sold out to another company now. Do they inherit unfinished business?
We feel we were conned into taking on a longer contract, when our original deal should have terminated in 2011, with us getting a small fee for the sale of the timeshare. We refused to pay maintenace this year and received quite a few e-mails from Petchey leisure, making legal threats etc. Not heard anything since April/May.
meercat

Offline martinpc464

• View Profile
Re: Any updates on Petchey Leisure?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 15:59:26 »
I suspect it will be business as usual. We are owners at CPO and have been since 2000 when we were somewhat naive and bought whilst on holiday. We are in perpetuety so are stuck until we eventually decide to sell, probably for £1 via e bay. Its a shame you didnt let your membership lapse. I have heard the CPO do take legal action for non payment of maintainance but i do not know how or if these exaples have come to a conclusion. We got letters this week advising us of change of ownership ie Petchey being taken over

Offline Happy Days are here again

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 16:49:24 »
I started the 'Takeover at Petchey Leisure' thread nearly 4 months ago after I used my unit in May/June.

Had heard nothing more about this until yeterday when I received the following letter which no doubt all members will receive.

Start...

We have great pleasure in informing you that the Petchey Leisure Group has recently been aquired by Magnum Global Holdings Singapore Pte Ltd (Associate of MGM).

Magnum Global Holdings Singapore Pte.Ltd is a group of companies with diversified interests in international hotels,logistics,hospitality,mining,shipping,tea estates and distilling amongst other industries.

The group was founded in 1963 by my father Dr M G Mathu.Not dissimilar to Mr Petchey,he is a self made man from humble beginnings who has always relied on his strong principles of truth,hard work,simplicity,honesty and faith.

With each new venture that we undertake we like to start with a bold statement.You may have seen the remarkable transformation that has occurred in Clube Praia da Oura's reception.The modern and contemporary feel is only a start of wonderful refurbishments still to come.Also the work on the swimming pool at the resort is a welcome change.

We are delighted to welcome Petchey Leisure members into our family.We have exciting plans for expansion and intend to offer new destinations in Asia and Europe for our members to explore.

Whilst many will remember Mr Petchey fondly,we wish to ensure you that our aim is to build upon the strong culture of hospitality and service for the future.

We look forward to the future with all our members and employees..

MGM
M G Muthu Group

....end of letter.

First impressions by myself seem fair enough,certainly refurbishment of units is long overdo.However it still remains a fact that rentals can be obtained for less than the the current maintence fees.If they continue to rise at the rate the salespeople were keen to suggest when they were recommending their very stupid and extremely expensive scheme for getting out of 'in perpetuity' then many of us members being welcomed to the new group will be looking for out.

A google search shows they may be part of the MGM group,but not MGM (MGM Resorts International) group.So no cheap weeks in Vegas.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 17:28:49 by Happy Days are here again »

Offline audiavant

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 09:26:14 »
There is a Petchey Leisure offering bargain weeks at massively discounted prices via Mightydeals.co uk

When you click the link it takes you to their website.

Is this the same operation?

GoogleTagged