RCI Exchanges

Offline Firetrader

RCI Exchanges
« on: March 13, 2019, 13:51:49 »
I have been a member of RCI weeks for over 22 years now, I have a number of ongoing searches in place but seem to be waiting  much longer than I was years ago. Also , the exchange fee goes up regularly ( think it was £177 per exchange for a european exchange), has anyone else had similar delayed experiences?

Offline devil in disguise

• twelve years of hell
Re: RCI Exchanges
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 17:09:13 »
there are issues with some timeshare owners and the impact of them defaulting on home resorts.
Sick of being taken for a ride by, the timeshare industries salesman. All I ever got from timeshare ownership was, in Debt, in dispute, in perpetuity, in trouble and insulted and in disgust.

Offline Firetrader

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 11:17:30 »
I guess its since the recession in 2008 there seems to have been a steady decline (I feel) when talking to timeshare owners.I suppose you mean people handing them back or not paying maintenance?

Offline Morpheus

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 14:05:58 »
Also, as had happened in far to many places (eg Beverly Hills in Tenerife) owners being driven out of their own weeks and the overall inventory declining rapidly as a result
Long time member of MORPS (www.morps.org [nofollow]) the RCI Points owners group.
Experienced timesharer

If you LIKE the advice any member gives, please feel free to click the "APPLAUD" by their name and details on the left. It makes us feel valued.

Offline Firetrader

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2019, 08:11:48 »
Well I must say things have definately slowed up from my perspective. I have had a search on all year for this coming May and only just  achieved an exchange, fees now up to £181 for European excchanges, if you add up my maintenance fee plus exchange fee plus RCI member fee its around £670 ( perhaps a little less if you think of the membership fee is for the year).Never the less its a UK exchange - ta similar week privately is advertised at £658 to book. All in all, when you add up the inconsitancy of getting a booking with RCI (or not) and having to buy a timeshare no wonder its decreasing in usage/popularity.Thinking about changing tactics.....

Offline Morpheus

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2019, 11:54:08 »
I spoke recently to one of the increasingly rare owners of timeshare at the Beverly Hills  / Mirage resorts.

To exchange a studio apartment (which is what he owns) his costs come to about £750 (maintenance and charges). He was horrified to discover very similar but slightly larger and refurbished studio apartments in the adjacent private development rent out at under £300 per week ...
Long time member of MORPS (www.morps.org [nofollow]) the RCI Points owners group.
Experienced timesharer

If you LIKE the advice any member gives, please feel free to click the "APPLAUD" by their name and details on the left. It makes us feel valued.