Broadband from £5.99 a month with an included wireless router when you sign up to Plusnet - terms apply
'
Sponsored Link

what's your disability?

Offline neiltilley

• View Profile
what's your disability?
« on: October 11, 2006, 13:29:57 »
i have improved but am still double visioned and half deaf with short/long term memory loss. balance problems in open space such as auditoriums or near a cliff edge but not on a flat field. i wear an eye patch or occlusion on glasses for my right hand side to stop the double vision so my field of vision is reduced but is good to drive. close up at the dinner table i reach for a knife and my sight sees it about 4 inches diagonally to the right of where it really is. my facial nerve was severed so i aint pretty and can't smile, speech can be tragic on the phone at times. i forget what i said last paragraph, until tommorrow when i suddenly remember!! no more articulate, i have forgotten half of what i have learned, my C.V. reads like a lie now! it is normal for me and i now feel i have no inability! my special needs are minimal but understanding and patience are my favourites. how about you? how many of us are there and what can we moan about here to assist the big guns to make suitable changes in the travel industry

what's your disability?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 20:44:15 »
I am disabled and my problem is I can not stand for long[:I]
and I also fall easy, I manage short distances with aid of a walking stick.
I am 6ft 2ins and big. my legs hurt all the time. The flights are terrible for me, as even with a letter from my doctor saying I need a medical seat with space, I am usually not very lucky. No body cares
THE AIRPORT We book ahead for Service Air help for the disabled that's great after you get to check your luggage. They will take you to the plane. The other end you will be helped off.
There is a large part missing. When you get to the airport,and the booking in!! Also from picking up your bags and leaving.
You are very much on your own. Unless you know otherwise?

Offline boiler

• View Profile
what's your disability?
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 18:09:28 »
NO! NO! NO! both of you should not call yourselves diabled, no I am not giving sympathy to you, Neiltilley (one of your hobbies). I have glanced at both your profiles, (forgive the intrusion) look at the things you can do that I cannot, perhaps you should call me disabled as I am unable to do them. You both are an inspiration to others with your capabilities, (Niether can I do any type of craft cards) I am a firm believer that you can show some of the ignorant people to do things, so always bear in mind that there are others thinking of you.    FRED