Four Seasons Fairways, Algarve, Portugal
« on: December 12, 2006, 10:54:25 »
Resort Name: Four Seasons Fairways
Date of Visit: late November, 2006
Age of Party: 2 60s, 2 30s and 3 under 6
Trades with: Interval International

Fax: +351 289 398 029

Web site: http://fourseasonsfairways.com/Default.asp?bhcp=1 [nofollow]

Went to this resort for the last week of November in 2006 and had a really lovely time. We stayed in a 3-bed villa (well 2-bed with a study that had a sofa bed in it), which had everything we needed in it. There was even a private pool outside although this wasn't heated and despite the nice weather it wasn't warm enough to go in. Three bathrooms and a large living area including fully equipped kitchen, dining area and sitting area made everything very comfortable. There was also a barbecue on the patio that we made use of - I asked reception how to light it and they just sent someone round to do it for me!

Staff were very helpful and the lifeguards at the main pool very friendly.

Bar snacks and restaurant were good if a little pricey but that's the same at most of these resorts so no real surprise. Still worth it for the convenience though. There is a small shop on site that actually turned out to be cheaper than the main Quinta do Lago supermarket for some things.

The indoor pool was great. Temperature was just right and the kids loved it. We didn't try the outdoor pool as this was as cold as our private pool. I'm sure in the heat of summer these pools would be great as well.

The area is great, if you are after a quiet time. There are golf courses all around, which I am told are all very good and the setting is beautiful. A car is a must as we found that everything was just that bit too far to walk. Having three young kids it took us nearly half an hour to walk down to the beach!

The beaches are lovely: golden sands that are great for building sandcastles and sand-boats. We went to three beaches (although it's really just one long beach): the local one; the one next door (can't remember the name); and Vale do Lobo. The first two had beach restaurants whilst Vale do Lobo had a selection of bars and restaurants right on the beach front.

There are loads of restaurants around ranging from reasonable to expensive to very expensive (in my opinion anyway). We found a lovely Italian that cost about 100 Euros for 4 adults and 3 children including drinks. If anyone wants to know where it was I've still got the map.

The Quinta shopping was quite expensive both in terms of shopping and eating but the supermarket there was quite well stocked with all your day-to-day needs so not really worth going any further afield.

The only down sides were having to pay 25 Euros for a cot and 50 Euros for a DVD player that you could probably buy in the UK for less than 20 GBP. We also found out when we got there that there was some refurbishment of the gardens going on, which meant workmen traipsing through our back garden when we weren't expecting them � I even caught one of them having a good nosey through one of the windows when I came out of one of the bathrooms, which was a bit off-putting. Nothing sinister, just weird. Some advance warning would have been nice.

All in all we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would recommend it. We will certainly go back at some point as it provided a great bit of winter sun and a real chance to unwind and play with the kids.

If anyone wants to know anything more please ask away.

Cheers

Offline neil1702

• View Profile
Four Seasons Fairways, Algarve, Portugal
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 08:38:42 »
Just been back to this resort and had another fantastic week.
Things are getting a bit more pricey what with the falling pound and apparently a lot of the golfers are not too happy about the price of a round of golf. Rumours abound that this will come down soon as golfers are playing less due to the price.
didn't have to pay for a DVD player this time as there was already one in the apartment. Not that it mattered anyway as we now connect our iPod videos direct to the TV.
Found the local supermarket in Almancil this time, which saved a bit of mmoney on the shopping.

GoogleTagged