Sponsored Link

A good idea, not followed up...

Offline Doggy50k

• Senior Moderator & Quiz Master
    • View Profile
« on: January 28, 2007, 17:01:10 »
Just to link through to another thread...

http://www.timesharetalk.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4689

quote:
Originally posted by Mavo

It was suggested to The Former Company (well over 18 months ago) that they incorporated hotspots as they upgraded the receptions which invariably incorporate a lounge and library area. I know that at least, 2 or 3 resorts have been revamped in the reception areas but have not heard of any hotspots being incorporated. All the resorts now have a pay to go on internet point, so perhaps profit is the reason that there are no hotspots advertised at resorts run by The Former Company.
 In any event the suggestion was never responded to by The Former Company despite a request for them to do so.

Alvor Park Portugal (Pestana) does have several hotspots in its lounge/reception area.

Come on The Former Company (in case you read this forum), why not stop profiteering from members and give them a NO COST benefit?

You have internet access at nearly every resort, most of them will already be broadband, and no doubt broadband will be coming to a resort near you soon...

Give is some wireless hot spots!!!

Welcome to the 21st Century?
"You know; the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."

Offline daveandmaureen

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 18:22:37 »
Evening Doggy,

When in Tenerife last week Rep at SBGOC spent a long time trying to sell me Premier Club Mmebership and listed countless advantages, but no mention of free Internet Access (they can't have thought of this one yet) for Premier Club Members.

Didn't really matter to me as I am averse to any type of two tier entitlement system so I was a non-taker.

Must admit the free monthly "Pamper Vouchers" instead of Golf Discounts made my wife's ears prick up. I am now accused of having kept the Pamper Vouchers a secret from her.

I will research the whole Premier Club thingy when I get a minute and if there is no mention of Pampers Vouchers I will be most displeased.

Regards

Dave King

PS Two pay as you go Internet terminals in SBGOC Reception Area and frequently in use, so a little bit of a spin off earner for The Former Company. Not sufficient however to deny that this is the 21st Century I would have thought.

Offline Doggy50k

• Senior Moderator & Quiz Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 18:26:42 »
quote:
Originally posted by daveandmaureen

Not sufficient however to deny that this is the 21st Century I would have thought.

Not too sure about that Dave - I could sit at a terminal and access the internet in the 20th Century, but wireless networking does seem to have become "du rigeur" in the 21st...[}:)]
"You know; the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."

Offline Boss Man

• The Boss Man
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 18:33:54 »
Doggy,

As I said in another post, maybe we should get our heads together on this one.

Let me think .....

5500 + resorts ...

£500 per resort ...

Thats ... A lot !

For the resorts ...

£500 split between 52 weeks is £9.62 per week

£9.62 split between average of 50 units is £0.19

So 19p for each owner/week to provide a resort with WiFi.

Lets see how much the demand for this could be. I'll start a poll on the front page.

Online Mavo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 10:14:58 »
quote:
Originally posted by Timesharetalk

Doggy,

As I said in another post, maybe we should get our heads together on this one.

Let me think .....

5500 + resorts ...

£500 per resort ...

Thats ... A lot !

For the resorts ...

£500 split between 52 weeks is £9.62 per week

£9.62 split between average of 50 units is £0.19

So 19p for each owner/week to provide a resort with WiFi.

Lets see how much the demand for this could be. I'll start a poll on the front page.

The only problem with the above calculations is that on past performances, by the time the 19 pence gets down the line to the members of The Former Company it will have mysteriously changed to £19 which will manifest itself as an increase of maintenance fees and will then become an annual charge as it will never be removed.
 Of course the hierarchy has now changed at The Former Company so my scepticism may be totally unfounded.

The pigs are now ready for takeoff.[:D]
tomeluk

Offline boiler

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2007, 19:42:26 »
Mavo, do leave off you have now given them another tip to squeeze the unsuspecting. They will probably write to you and say what a great idea, we wished we had thought of that one.